? for UK fly/cruisers on Solstice

uktraveller

That is precisly the problem since airlines have been cutting flights in & out of FLL we are now seeing Tranatlantic cruisers being sent to Miami in some cases with bus transfers from there....... I am on this problem myself right now since I have a group going in for the Equinox in early Jan 2010 and those flight will be coming in either today or in the next couple of days. My choices are not tooo big since I want to avoid those northern hubs due to weather.

That is precisly the problem since airlines have been cutting flights in & out of FLL we are now seeing Tranatlantic cruisers being sent to Miami in some cases with bus transfers from there....... I am on this problem myself right now since I have a group going in for the Equinox in early Jan 2010 and those flight will be coming in either today or in the next couple of days. My choices are not tooo big since I want to avoid those northern hubs due to weather.

Getting caught in bad weather changing flights was one of my worries.... I'd rather fly to Miami! And that's not said lightly having been through immigration there a few times already! lol

We are flying out to join Solstice in April, using American Airlines from Manchester via Chicago. We were told originally that we would be flying from Chicago to Ft Lauderdale, but that has now been changed and it's Chicago to Miami with coach to FLL. Most disappointing!. We asked about the direct flight and were told if we insisted on FLL airport, it would have to be via Dallas!

We are flying out to join Solstice in April, using American Airlines from Manchester via Chicago. We were told originally that we would be flying from Chicago to Ft Lauderdale, but that has now been changed and it's Chicago to Miami with coach to FLL. Most disappointing!. We asked about the direct flight and were told if we insisted on FLL airport, it would have to be via Dallas!

Hi Rosie Red

For our Christmas/New Year surice we flew with AA airlines in December Manchester to Ft Lauderdale via Chicago, the only problem in flying into Ft Lauderdale is that you have 6 hours wait for your connecting flight, its far better to fly to Miami as there are more flights. You have to collect your cases in Chicago and go through transfers but its very well organised. The only problem we had was on our return when Chicago was snow bound and we had to fly Tampa, Miami , Heathrow,Manchester 24 hour flight. You wont have that problem in April the weather should be good. Enjoy your cruise there are good reports on the Solstice.

Hi Rosie Red

For our Christmas/New Year cruise we flew with AA airlines in December Manchester to Ft Lauderdale via Chicago, the only problem in flying into Ft Lauderdale is that you have 6 hours wait for your connecting flight, its far better to fly to Miami as there are more flights. You have to collect your cases in Chicago and go through transfers but its very well organised. The only problem we had was on our return when Chicago was snow bound and we had to fly Tampa, Miami , Heathrow,Manchester 24 hour flight. You wont have that problem in April the weather should be good. Enjoy your cruise there are good reports on the Solstice.

error

I'm too much of a control freak to let Celebrity book our flights!

We're booked on Equinox for Christmas/New Year and I want a direct flight to Florida. Having once been delayed in Chicago for 3 days, I'm not risking that route when we have a cruise we could miss. We always give ourselves a few days in hand before a cruise but sometimes even that isn't enough. And I at least want to be covered by travel insurance in the event we do miss the cruise. They will only pay out if the delay is from the UK, not if the delay is at a transit airport, so it needs to be a direct flight.

I'm too much of a control freak to let Celebrity book our flights!

We're booked on Equinox for Christmas/New Year and I want a direct flight to Florida. Having once been delayed in Chicago for 3 days, I'm not risking that route when we have a cruise we could miss. We always give ourselves a few days in hand before a cruise but sometimes even that isn't enough. And I at least want to be covered by travel insurance in the event we do miss the cruise. They will only pay out if the delay is from the UK, not if the delay is at a transit airport, so it needs to be a direct flight.

Yikes:eek:....that's cheered me up! We are flying from Heathrow so I suppose a direct flight to Miami would be the best option..just have to wait and see. We also prefer to arrange our own flights too but got such a good deal on this cruise as a "package" we decided to risk it!

Hi,

We are sailing on Solstice from FLL in Feb 2010 :D:D... can any UKers who have/are doing this tell me which airline Celebrity have booked them on?? Many Thanks

We are booked on the Xmas & New Year cruise on Equinox. We booked a 'package' and our confirmation invoice shows flights with British Airways from Heathrow to Miami. Our travel agent asked us for our preference of BA, Virgin or American Airlines flights. We are flying into Miami the day before the cruise and staying overnight at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale as part of the package.

If you have a fly/cruise package booked then it is up to the cruiseline to sort any air delays/re-routing problems out for you......they have power,as they dont want you to miss your cruise :cool:.

Me I was snowbound in Boston for 3 days(always do cruise only) AAirlines were terrific, they flew us to Nassua to meet up with Mariner OS at no extra charge even though I had a ticket to Orlando.....:)

That really should not be much of a problem as it is only a 35 min drive by bus to Port Everglades. It takes no time at all.:)

If you have a fly/cruise package booked then it is up to the cruiseline to sort any air delays/re-routing problems out for you......they have power,as they dont want you to miss your cruise :cool:.

Me I was snowbound in Boston for 3 days(always do cruise only) AAirlines were terrific, they flew us to Nassua to meet up with Mariner OS at no extra charge even though I had a ticket to Orlando.....:)

Unfortunately, whilst I would hope the cruiseline would help, it's not guaranteed in the small print. They say any delays are between you and the airline.

We've also had good experience with American Airlines. When we were delayed in Chicago for 3 days because Denver was snowbound, they managed to still get us there just in time for Christmas by flying us to Las Vegas on AA and then back to Denver on Frontier. On another occasion when we checked in they'd already moved us to an earlier flight (which was running late) to make sure we made a connection. And once when a flight was late and we thought we'd missed the connection, they had someone waiting at the gate to show us where our connection was and we watched someone put our bags onboard just before the cargo hold door was closed.

I'd like to fly AA for our next cruise but won't risk the Manchester-Chicago route because of the lack of travel insurance cover. I'm tempted by the Heathrow-Miami, just trying to overcome my hatred of Heathrow!

Archived