Wireless netwok on Constellation

Gremlin1

There is a wireless network.

Cost is the same as the charges for computers in the internet cafe on board which is something like $0.65 /minute. Discounts are available for advance purchase of packages like 100 minutes.

Service speed varies on time of day and location and depends on satellite reception quality and network traffic. Generally speaking the connection speed is extremely slow and makes telephone dial up connections look fast. Wireless is available in the central lobbies, atrium area, and most lounges on the ship. Some of the lounges are nice quiet areas to work or read during the day. The signal does reach a few staterooms that are near a hot-spot but I wouldn't count on getting service in your stateroom.

This was our experience as recently as 6 months ago.

I agree with Lsimon. We were on Constellation last May and the wifi was spotty and very slow. You have to establish an online account if you use your own laptop and the prices are exactly the same per minute charges if you use X's computers.

Actually, let me add that the actual wireless coverage is pretty spotty: there is coverage in the computer center, the central atrium (decks 4 and 5) and supposedly on deck 10 in the seaside cafe near the pizza station. The latter was VERY spotty. We were in stateroom 9030 and had no WIFI at all. I had to take my laptop to the computer center to use it reliably.

Hope that helps also.

Archived