Port Arrival Times

kevmack77

Hello All,

We will be cruising on the CB in a few days and have question about getting off the ships in each port. If we are scheduled to be in Aruba from 8am-5pm, what time can we realistically expect to be on the ground and ready to roll? Are there usually long lines etc to get off the ship?? If we booked a snorkel trip (not ship sponsored) that leaves at 9 or 9:30, will we be safe, time-wise? Thanks

Hello All,

We will be cruising on the CB in a few days and have question about getting off the ships in each port. If we are scheduled to be in Aruba from 8am-5pm, what time can we realistically expect to be on the ground and ready to roll? Are there usually long lines etc to get off the ship?? If we booked a snorkel trip (not ship sponsored) that leaves at 9 or 9:30, will we be safe, time-wise? Thanks

I would expect to be off the ship by 9:00. The ship docks in Aruba so you don't have to tender which takes longer. They let all the tours off first and then the passengers that are on their own. Unless they have an emergency they need to get off first 9:00 is realistic.

I would expect to be off the ship by 9:00. The ship docks in Aruba so you don't have to tender which takes longer. They let all the tours off first and then the passengers that are on their own. Unless they have an emergency they need to get off first 9:00 is realistic.

Just to clarify, do you mean the tours booked thorugh the ship or any and all tours?

The more I think about it, it seems that most of the snorkel trips say they leave around 9:30, but to arrive by 9am. I assume that cruise passengers are a decent chunk of their business, so they are aware of this kind of stuff.

If you're booking a ship's tour ... don't worry, you'll be fine. But as another poster said, even if it's a private tour, they're very aware of when folks are getting off the ship. You'll be fine with the 9:30 time!! Enjoy!!!!!

By the way ... they tell people to be there by 9:00 to make sure that everyone is really there by 9:30. Often there's a bit of "hurry up and wait" at the beginning of shore excursions.

I assume you're referring to when a ship tenders in a port. Otherwise, passengers can disembark as soon as the ship is cleared by the local authorities.

To the OP, if the ship is docked, you can get in line, which moves pretty quickly, to get off the ship; there's no waiting for ship's tours. Unless the ship arrives late in port, you shouldn't have any problem making a 9AM tour.

Archived