Excursion in Puerto Vallarta

vbecky

I do not know what this excursion is, but if you want to enjoy a beach, you can easily:1. Get off the ship2. Walk out of the terminal to where you will see YELLOW cabs waiting (white cabs charge more because they can enter the terminal grounds)3. Ask to be taken to La Palapa Restaurant in Old Town (about $10)This is the most active beach and you can use their lounge chairs (or other restaurants along the beach) if you buy food and drinks from them.I have never been to Puerto Vallarta on a cruise ship, but have vacationed there about 8 times, and if I were there on a cruise ship, this is what I would do for a relaxing day in "Old Mexico". I am going there next week for 8 days.If you want a more secluded beach........I don't know.

I do not know what this excursion is, but if you want to enjoy a beach, you can easily:1. Get off the ship2. Walk out of the terminal to where you will see YELLOW cabs waiting (white cabs charge more because they can enter the terminal grounds)3. Ask to be taken to La Palapa Restaurant in Old Town (about $10)This is the most active beach and you can use their lounge chairs (or other restaurants along the beach) if you buy food and drinks from them.I have never been to Puerto Vallarta on a cruise ship, but have vacationed there about 8 times, and if I were there on a cruise ship, this is what I would do for a relaxing day in "Old Mexico". I am going there next week for 8 days.If you want a more secluded beach........I don't know.

While this is a great spot for people watching, great food and drinks it is not one of the better beaches in Puerto Vallarta for swimming. The water is murky from the waves mixing up the sand and there is often an undertow.

This area is also used by the locals (tons of them) so watch out for turtle heads.

As for the beach break, I'm guessing here but I think it is the old Camino Real now called "Dreams" I would call NCL excursion desk and ask which resort it is. If it is Dreams it's located out Mismaloya way and is a beautiful calm beach.

This area is also used by the locals (tons of them) so watch out for turtle heads.

LOL.. I swear before the poster above asked it I had already selected the "quote" button to ask the same thing..

Our recommendation for PV is the Las Caletis Hideaway. It is a little expensive (I think around $99.00 PP, but it is pretty much all day, includes a great lunch, all the drinks you want (adult beverages included), has terrific gardens, a nice little beach, just a very nice place to hang out. I know without a doubt if we go to PV again we will be going there as we loved it.

A more 'different' time can be had by venturing into the jungle. Take a bus tour to el Eden, it has trails, waterfalls, a place to eat and drink, and you can take your picture next to 'Arnold'. This is the set of Predator. Unless you go on a tour, call ahead for restaurant hours.

http://z.about.com/d/studenttravel/1/0/z/G/boy-water-canopy-mismaloya.jpg

Archived