Taxi in PV?

brwneyez424

Seems to me last time I went on a cruise it was very hard to get a taxi in the PV port? Do you know where I would go after I got off the ship to get one? Any help will be appreciated. :)

There are two taxi companies serving Vallarta - Federal and City.

Federal taxis pickup passengers on airport/port property; City taxis pickup passengers everywhere except on airport/port property.

Federal are white or cream color; City are bright yellow.

Federal charge per person at an inflated rate; City charge per cab ride with up to four passengers.

If you want a city taxi, leave the port property by walking east out the main gate toward the highway. Taxi drivers will be tripping over themselves to give you a ride.

As with any taxi in a tourist town, confirm the rate to your destibation before getting in the cab.

Enjoy!

MSN is right on. Be prepared, however, to be somewhat harassed by the Fed taxi drivers on your way past them. Some can be a little intimidating, but just keep walking out the gate and the yellow taxi people will be there for you.

As has been stated above, walk up to the main road and get a YELLOW NISSAN SENTRA taxi. ;)

Are you going to drive us around, Tim? ;)

Just curious - approx how far is it (taxi ride wise) from the port (Carnival) to Restaurant Row? Is the old cathedral (Guadalupe) roughly along the way?

THANKS! :D

Are you going to drive us around, Tim? ;)

Just curious - approx how far is it (taxi ride wise) from the port (Carnival) to Restaurant Row? Is the old cathedral (Guadalupe) roughly along the way?

THANKS! :D

Amy, if you get me there, I will be happy to drive you around :D. We love PV (own a timeshare there;))! Taxi ride to the Malecon (I assume that's what you mean by restaurant row) will only be about 7-8 minutes, depending on traffic. The church is right there at the far end.

If you just want to go to the malecon/old town area, you can catch a bus on the main highway, just outside of the cruise dock area. The fare to "Centro" is 5 or 5.5 pesos (roughly 40 cents). They will take American dollars, and give change in pesos. To return back to the cruise dock, catch the "Walmat/Sams Club" bus. It's about 3 miles each way.

If you just want to go to the malecon/old town area, you can catch a bus on the main highway, just outside of the cruise dock area. The fare to "Centro" is 5 or 5.5 pesos (roughly 40 cents). They will take American dollars, and give change in pesos. To return back to the cruise dock, catch the "Walmat/Sams Club" bus. It's about 3 miles each way.

That is correct and we ride the bus a lot when we stay at our timeshare. If you do it though, make sure you take the correct bus (there are several different buses running). As Jeff mentioned, take the one that says Centro to get to the Malecon. It will stop various places in town.

Archived