Promenade deck of the Westerdam

mominthesun

To those of you who have been on the Westerdam: does anyone ever jog or run on the Westerdam, or is the promenade deck just for walking? Also, are there a lot of people using the promenade deck and do the gym facilities get crowded?

I always start my cruises thinking that I am going to compensate for the extra food by keeping fit. Usually I end up in a chair relaxing and reading a book though. Maybe this tme....

Many thanks for all the useful information on this board.

On Vistas, running on the Prom is prohibited and jogging is discouraged but not outright banned. If someone complains about your jogging, the staff will ask you to go up to the Observation Deck (above the Lido) or to the treadmills in the Fitness Center.

On Vistas, running on the Prom is prohibited and jogging is discouraged but not outright banned. If someone complains about your jogging, the staff will ask you to go up to the Observation Deck (above the Lido) or to the treadmills in the Fitness Center.

I have seen several people jogging or running on the Observation Deck. And, the treadmills always seem to have room for one more. I also find taking the stairs instead of elevator helps a lot.

I'm like you, and prefer a book so rarely visit the gym. However, I've never gained weight on a cruise. In fact, I lost 2 pounds last time. Wish I could say the same for my land-based vacations! :rolleyes:

Archived