When is the Best time to Call

drfeelgood

I booked Freedom for the 04/5 sailing 3 weeks ago. I booked an o/v guarantee cabin(6a) and just got our cabin assignment Friday a 6d cabin, not a bad cabin. I booked direct with CCL and want to know when would be the best time to call for a cabin upgrade request , and what would be a good deal, price p/p on a balcony cabin upgrade ? Should I call now, wait until 2 weeks before the cruise, or call 4 days before the cruise ?

I booked Freedom for the 04/5 sailing 3 weeks ago. I booked an o/v guarantee cabin(6a) and just got our cabin assignment Friday a 6d cabin, not a bad cabin. I booked direct with CCL and want to know when would be the best time to call for a cabin upgrade request , and what would be a good deal, price p/p on a balcony cabin upgrade ? Should I call now, wait until 2 weeks before the cruise, or call 4 days before the cruise ?

Normally, they'll either call you or you will notice a different cabin assignment in your profile on their website.

For upsells, they will call you if/when they are available.

That being said, it wouldn't hurt to call them a month or so out.... However, there is no guarantee of an upgrade or upsell if the ship is selling well enough.....

I've checked some of the online cruise outlets and there still seems to be several balcony cabins available for this cruise on most balcony decks. How far out from sailing date do they call and offer an up-sell ? I know this is a spring break sailing but the ship is not full either ....... just shows how bad the economy really is .

I've checked some of the online cruise outlets and there still seems to be several balcony cabins available for this cruise on most balcony decks. How far out from sailing date do they call and offer an up-sell ? I know this is a spring break sailing but the ship is not full either ....... just shows how bad the economy really is .

They call a week or two before the cruise leaves for upsells. I read a lot of posts, they will call the saturday before a cruise leaves, within the week before...

A "few" balcony cabins still left doesnt sound like a huge amount to me this far out. I cruise around easter every year and get some of my best bargains then. I dont know that spring break sells out more early than the week or so before or after, the prices are usually a lot higher.

A lot of people, especially the college crowd, wait until the last minute to book, in hopes of getting the best deal!:)

CCL would rather sell a cabin at a lower price, just to fill the cabin and hope for onboard sales etc..:D

I've never rec'd a call from Carnival for an 'upsell'.. Actually never heard of the word until I started visiting the NCL board...!;)

You may just get that 'upgrade fairly' call at the last minute.. No sense in doing an upgrade, at cost, if you may get one for FREE!:D

Archived