booking a cruise

davemax

I have to agree with cb at sea. We've done both online ressies with agencies, brick and mortar and have to say, the ressies we have booked direct I really like it.

If there are coupons, price reductions or anything else you need to check on, you have the ability to do it without the wait of a TA. I'm not saying TA's aren't worth using and I would transfer to a TA if there are perks. It's just easy to do your own bookings direct.

The prices are the same no matter where you book, so the only difference would be the perks. Some of the perks (like free insurance) just aren't worth it. If it is for a bottle of wine, expect undrinkable swill. Now an onboard credit...that's worth it!

It used to be that you HAD to use a travel agent to book a cruise---now, you can just book through the cruiseline itself! Seems easiest to do that, since you remain in control of your booking---no 3rd parties to deal with!

No extra discounts or extra OBC's either both of which may be offered by TA's including online ones.

Bottom line is it pays to shop around .

Archived