Another adventure ocean question

candhmama

We will be on the Freedom in May and we have 3 kids who will be 12, 8 and 3 when we cruise. I know that it is important to take the kids the first night so they can get oriented and meet the other kids. My question is, from what I have seen the parents are supposed to stay with the kids for the orientation and dh and I are happy to do that, but there are 3 kids and 2 of us. Would the 12 yo be able to go by herself to the orientation? I want them all to be able to be there, just trying to figure out how it all works.

Thanks

We did not attend the orientation on the first night because there were just so many things to do. I was a little worried about it, but that's how it worked out. And yet, our daughter (11 at the time) LOVED Adventure Ocean, the other kids she met there, and the counselors. So if you are not able to go to the orientation, don't sweat it too much.

The orientation for the younger ones will be nothing more than registering them and maybe some face painting. It takes minutes. They don't officially open for anything until after 10pm the first night (both of mine are too wiped out on the first night to go to that). And that is the paid babysitting service after 10pm the first night.

So yes, send the 12 year old. Register your younger ones. Then you can check in on the 12 year old and see what's up. :D

Archived