London Ghost Tours

Giantfan13

My wife is a nut for these things. Where ever we travel in the USA, she makes sure we go on these little outings. We have done New Orleans, Newport RI, Colonial Williamsburg, NYC and probably a few more. I've read about this in London, along with the Jack the Ripper tour. How are one different from the others and can some one recommend which may be the best?? Thanks

www.walks.com These are one of the best in London and I can recommend them. They take place whatever the weather and mostly meet near a Tube station. Also not expensive. The London Ripper one is good and also the ones starting from St. Pauls and Tower Hill tubes.

We will be in London on Aug. 21-23, Friday - Sunday. Is it necessary to book walking tour tickets in advance? We are especially interested in the Jack the Ripper tour. Thanks.

We will be in London on Aug. 21-23, Friday - Sunday. Is it necessary to book walking tour tickets in advance? We are especially interested in the Jack the Ripper tour. Thanks.

"There is no need to book for any of the London Walks or the Here's England - Away We Go Explorer Days. Just turn up and go. There's no red tape with London Walks!" All is explained on their fun website www.walks.com .

My wife is a nut for these things. Where ever we travel in the USA, she makes sure we go on these little outings. We have done New Orleans, Newport RI, Colonial Williamsburg, NYC and probably a few more. I've read about this in London, along with the Jack the Ripper tour. How are one different from the others and can some one recommend which may be the best?? Thanks

Spoiler alert! About the ghost walks, break it to your wife gently. There are no ghosts. Ghosts are a marketing device used to sell rooms in "haunted" B & B's and tours in otherwise uninteresting houses. I have only taken walks with London Walks and can offer no comparison to other companies. As to which London Walk ghost walk is best, choose the one that fits your schedule. If you like it, take another.

"There is no need to book for any of the London Walks or the Here's England - Away We Go Explorer Days. Just turn up and go. There's no red tape with London Walks!" All is explained on their fun website www.walks.com .

Spoiler alert! About the ghost walks, break it to your wife gently. There are no ghosts. Ghosts are a marketing device used to sell rooms in "haunted" B & B's and tours in otherwise uninteresting houses. I have only taken walks with London Walks and can offer no comparison to other companies. As to which London Walk ghost walk is best, choose the one that fits your schedule. If you like it, take another.

I 'think' she knows. When we did our ghost tour in Newport RI, they take you past a sort of barn, and while the guide was talking about the so called ghost that was suppose to haunt the house, a shadow appeared behind one of the curtained windows. It gave us a good fright until they explained that they hire some one to do walk around the room, for the 'fans'. We can hope, can't we.

Archived