still looking for the perfect bag for excursions?

I vote for a bag by LeSport... they are extremely light weight and zip shut. I guess they are all different, but they are great for traveling. My favorite bag for excursions, both wet and sight-seeing ones is by MONDO. I love it... it is SUPER light weight and also has a sleeve in each end where I can put a bottle of water... sunglasses... whatever. I love it. BUT, I haven't seen them around for awhile. My next favorite suggestion is the LeSport. They make some great bags.

I vote for a bag by LeSport... they are extremely light weight and zip shut. I guess they are all different, but they are great for traveling. My favorite bag for excursions, both wet and sight-seeing ones is by MONDO. I love it... it is SUPER light weight and also has a sleeve in each end where I can put a bottle of water... sunglasses... whatever. I love it. BUT, I haven't seen them around for awhile. My next favorite suggestion is the LeSport. They make some great bags.

Hi, Dillard's carries a good selection of styles:)

I was there last night and they had alot of sizes! Didn't buy

any but just thought I would let you know!

I had gotten a great Hobo bag (cross-body) but it kept erasing the magnetism on my room key on this last cruise, because of the large magnetic clasp. So I was in Dillards and found a Dooney & Bourke cross-body bag, with a front zipper and top zipper. And they had it in white!!! I know this isn't what the OP asked for, but if anyone else is looking for a smaller bag, this fits the bill. It will hold my camera and small miscellaneous items. Great for ships and excursions.

I like Kipling bags as they're lightweight and wash really well. They can take some battering too. I've had some in my collection from when I was really young and can still use them now. Loads of style so rucksack, across the body, over the shoulder...anything you want you'll be able to find.

I have a small draw string duffel, one that is plain enough my husband doesn't mind carrying it. I only use it for beach excursions, other excursions I make sure I carry a bag that is too small for other people to put their stuff into it. I learned a long time ago that Mom has to carry everything for everybody if she carrys a larger bag ;)

We sell both Kipling and Vera Bradley in our luggage store, either of those would work great. They are a bit pricier than what you may find in a discount store, but either choice would last many years if cared for properly. I'm not crazy for the VB prints, the Kipling comes in a lot of solids. Sometimes you can find older discontinued pieces in places like TJ Maxx or Ross.

I found that the tote bag Princess sells in the gift shop for about $20 is ideal for me. It has the logo on only one side, but not the other. It's also reversible from black to royal blue. And best of all, at least to this practical minded passenger, is the fact that it closes not only on top, but also zips down one side - very useful for the inspection after each shore excursion! It opens up wide.

I plan on using our Baggallini for our excursions. We've taken it to Disney with us twice and any other place we go with kids and it's a lifesaver. Tons of pockets and compartments, and unzips really wide for security checks. DH carries it across his body, I carry it like a purse over my shoulder, so it's very versatile. I used it as a diaper bag when we weren't on vacation and can cram enough stuff in there for 4 kids plus my big camera bag.

I have a small draw string duffel, one that is plain enough my husband doesn't mind carrying it. I only use it for beach excursions, other excursions I make sure I carry a bag that is too small for other people to put their stuff into it. I learned a long time ago that Mom has to carry everything for everybody if she carrys a larger bag ;)

We sell both Kipling and Vera Bradley in our luggage store, either of those would work great. They are a bit pricier than what you may find in a discount store, but either choice would last many years if cared for properly. I'm not crazy for the VB prints, the Kipling comes in a lot of solids. Sometimes you can find older discontinued pieces in places like TJ Maxx or Ross.

You bring up an excellent point! I am going to take this to heart. NO more big bags for me. Everyone can carry their own crap!:D

Ross's had some excellent prices on LeSport bags this week while I was there. They are VERY light weight and pack down to a nothing size to fit in your luggage.

I bought a Vera Bradley. Usually they are made of fabric, but this one is clear plastic with the classic Vera design. Can't wait to use it when we cruise in April!

I am thinking about this one also! Is it a good size (I have only seen it on the website)?:confused:

I usually like using a cross-body bag, and just bought the Vera Bradley mini hipster in one of the retiring prints (only $25). It has lots of slots for seapass, id, etc. I just needed something to hold extra batteries and storage card for my camera.

Well, I just got a DSLR and also a larger camera sling bag, which I'll use now on excursions, so I guess the mini hipster will stay home this trip. Oh well...

As a nice large carry on, I use the Only Bag by Baggalini:

ONC215LGMG.gif

It's great; holds a lot, and I can shove it under the airline seat.

I am thinking about this one also! Is it a good size (I have only seen it on the website)?:confused:

It's a good size! I actually got it for Christmas (of course I bought it and had my mother give it to me). It would be perfect for the beach.

Hi! I am looking for a light weight, stylish bag for our excursions! We are a family of 3, so I need a roomy bag, but one that is sturdy and comfortable to carry!:D Any ideas??:confused:

Bungalow Scout (google it) makes a wonderful pool deck/excursion bag called the rocket pocket. Center zip compartment with 3 open pockets on each side for water bottles, sunglasses, camera, sunscreen, etc. AND they are really pretty and stylish looking in a variety of prints. Not too big either - just big enough but not so big you get stuck with everyone else's stuff. (That's one thing that really annoys me too Hylagirl - my kids bringing a bunch of uneccesary junk and then handing it to me the minute we're off the ship! I wised up and gave them fair warning that if you bring it YOU will be the one who carries it all day.)

I bought Heys travel mates for myself and my girls for our upcoming trip. They are pretty cool things. They cross over the body, have tons of pockets, come in multiple colors, have a waterproof pocket, have an area for a water bottle and one for a cell phone, have a padded spot for your shoulder, have a little key ring with a light, and have an additional passport case on a lanyard. The whole bag has zippers so you can make it bigger if you need to. It's really well designed. I've hidden all sorts of goodies in them for my girls--their dolphin excursion papers, money for souveniers, perfumes, etc. It's a really great going away goodie bag! It's their birthday surprise! --I tried, and I can fit a snorkel mask and tube in one, easily. Of course, the tube sticks out the top...

(oh, just noticed my countdown clock.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!)

I'd like one that packs really flat and has pockets. Any ideas?

You might look at Kipling. They are flat and many of their styles have outside pockets in several different versions. The straps extend on many of their bags to fit across the body and they are very sturdy, one of their bags can last for years of constant use. The Vera Bradley bags are also lightweight and well constructed but they come in crazy colors and floral patterns. They kind of remind me of what my Aunt uses to carry her knitting, not that there is anything wrong with that, they just seem old to me.

The Kipling core colors are black, navy or red. They do have seasonal colors and prints that can be purchased on sale within a few months of their release, the core colors are rarely on sale.

I have a couple sizes in black and use them only for travel, it's not a bag I'd want for every day use but work very well for travel purposes.

I'd like one that packs really flat and has pockets. Any ideas?

See Kathy's post about Kipling! FYI...Dillard's has a good selection

of them:) (well, the Dillard's near me anyway;))

I have this bag in the extra large size:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=49542&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=504174&feat=504174-tn&cat4=504162

It packs flat, is lightweight and water resistant. It fits two beach towels, two sets of snorkel gear, and everything else we bring to the beach with us (our excursions are primarily to the beach) with room to spare.

If we're not heading to the beach, I just carry my purse and a bottle of water.

Archived