maclaren or full size stroller?

Colts88

I have a maclaren triumph that I was thinking of taking. After talking to my friend who took their one year old a few months back on a cruise, she suggested taking my full size stroller. My daughter is one as well. WHat do you recommend?

We were torn before one of our cruises (last Sept.) on this same thing. We ended up taking our full size stroller for a 7 night cruise and were glad we did so. Our daughter is very laid back but for some reason would not sleep in their crib or with us (very unlike her), but she did sleep in the stroller fully reclined. It was helpful for that as well as in port it was convenient.

We took our MacLaren on our Disney cruise for our 3 year old and only used it in the airport. It was easily stowed away in the closet. We almost forgot to bring it home. Depending on what cruise line you are using, you might want to consider using the ones they have onboard for rent or borrow. I guess it really depends on your child. Mine never slept in his stroller (even as an infant).

This is a hard one, it depends on your child. Mine slept in the stroller when they were 1 year old so I always brought the full size. It is worth it if they can nap during the day in it so that you don't have to go back to the room. They might not nap in the smaller stroller. The other benefit is the tray in the front for eating. I felt more secure with my 1 year old in his stroller rather than a restaurant style high chair. So there are two advantages with the full size. The smaller stroller I would bring if they don't nap in it and it is just used for transportation. The hallways and elevators are narrow and it really makes a difference.

Hope that helps!

Maclaren. We've used a Maclaren on three of four cruises with our now 2 year old. On the other cruise we used a Peg Perego Aria. The Maclaren wheels better, it's easier to store and it's easier to fit in tight spots. If you think a tray would be helpful, you can order the optional tray for the Maclaren.

I am planning to bring our Mac Quest, but the only down side is that the sun shade is almost useless. Has anyone found a good sun shade for their Mac stroller?

We have the Jolly Jumper UV cover and it was perfect! Baby can still see out of it but it blocks the sun from coming in - and as an added bonus it keeps toys from being thrown out of the stroller!

We took our Maclaren Quest and it was perfect - there was no way I would take my full size stroller.

I think we are going to buy this for our cruise in a few months.. Hubby and I were talking about how great it would be to have a backpack that turns into a stroller, we were all excited thinking we could make a million on our idea... did a quick internet search and found a few.:mad:. Not really sure how to do a link so i will try this....

http://http://www.shopkeltykids.com/Kelty-Convertible.pro

Archived