cell phone service

I have an unlocked cell phone and a Passport SIM from Telestial. I also have a Verizon Z6C World phone. Call your cell company first and ask about using your cell phone. Verizon and ATT charge $2.49 from the ship. Verizon's world phones cost 99 cents to $1.29 in Europe. Rates may vary by country.

https://www.telestial.com/sim_cards.php

I also have the Passport SIM in a Sony Ericsson Z520a phone.

In addition to the phrase "world phone" you'll see them advertised as "tri band" and "quad band". The only advantage "quad band" has over "tri band" is it incorporates the seldom used 850mhz US frequency. Not an issue if you aren't going to use this same phone in the States, but will give you better roaming capabilities if you are.

Tmobile and AT&T will give you the unlock code upon request. The only requirement is that you be a customer in good standing for the last 90 days. To see if your phone is unlocked, put another provider's sim in it and see if it says invalid sim or asks for subsidy unlock code. AT&T does not put a limit on how many phones you can unlock in a given period, however tmobile will only unock one phone every 90 days.

We were wondering about using our cell phones during our Baltic Cruise. A friend of ours emailed us this web site with this supposedly great deal. It does sound intriguing. Has anyone heard of this company or know anything about it.

http://www.callineurope.com/cgi-bin/cie.cgi?p=aboutus.html

I used telestial.com for cell service in the Mediterranean and plan to bring it on the baltic cruise...it was reasonalbe and worked well on previous trips and it is easy to recharge...if you can' t find the webiste feel free to eamil me at eandmburke@aol.com

\

Sprint /Verizon will not work anywhere in Europe unless you have one of the 2 - 3 GSM/CDMA phones thay offer. It will likely work on the ship though. Because the ships towers provide both GSM/CDMA service. If it's an European based cruise, it likely will not have CDMA service.

Does anyone know if Sprint will work in Northern Europe?

Archived