Did I make a mistake?

Colts88

I just got a call from the upgrade department. We currently have a 8G I think. It's an aft balcony on the 8th deck of destiny(It's not one of the big wraps). The offer was for a suite on the 7th level for an additional $480.00 total for me, husband, and baby. I thought that was quite a bit more. Did I pass up a great offer?

I don't think you made a mistake. We loved our aft balcony on the Glory and have one booked on the Pride in May. Yes a suite is bigger but $480 will pay for a lot of sign n sail expenses on the cruise

Personally, I'd keep the aft "in a heartbeat"! The cabins are really not that much different, except for a tub and a little more room in the Suite!:) The balcony on the 'aft' will at least be as big as the one with the Cat 11!

We have sailed with three 'adults' in an 8G/I and had plenty of room.. $480. will certainly cover a big chunk of your S & S..:rolleyes::D;)

We're on 8G Freedom in January. I don't think I'd trade for a suite if it were $0 additional cost. I'm really looking forward to the deeper balcony. The suite balcony may be larger in square footage, but it's still awfully narrow.

Suites don't offer much for perks, beside VIP embark it seems.

Peg

I think you did the RIGHT THING!!!

1) Can you thinkof things to spend that extra money on??? Souvenirs? Fun? Jewelry? Diapers?

2) Never second guess yourself... I believe the spur of the moment decisions work out for the BEST!!!!

And look what's being said... there aren't lots of differences 'cept the tubs...

YOU DID GOOD!!!!! :)

Suites don't offer much for perks, beside VIP embark it seems.

And if you time it right, even *that* perk isn't much of a perk.

GP

P.S. And, NO, I can't tell you what time to show up, different times for different ports/ships, etc. but we've been on in 40 minutes start to finish before. Another time that we went with another couple that had a suite (I.E. VIP privs for all 4 of us for some reason), VIP took longer than that.

It's all luck of the draw.

P.S.S To stay on topic, I saw the suite the other couple was staying in and have personlly had an extended balcony aft cabin, and NO WAY would I trade the aft for the suite, not even for $0 more (as someone else metioned). The view, sound of the ocean, serenity at the back of the ship, larger balcony....priceless.

GP

Not for $480. I think that too much $$ for the upgrade. If someone wants that

room they come up with a cheaper upgrade for you.

I once got called 3 times wanting 'my' room. Each time it was cheaper. We

did not want to move as we had friends down the hall.

We checked it and they upgraded us at no charge to the room they were

trying to up sell us.

Archived