Laundry

patriot92

Sailing on the Emerald,don't remember if the Princess had a end of cruise laundry special. On the NCL they had a special on a laundry bag of clothes near the end of the cruise.

Have hardly ever seen it on Princess and if so, only on longer cruises.

Sailing on the Emerald,don't remember if the Princess had a end of cruise laundry special. On the NCL they had a special on a laundry bag of clothes near the end of the cruise.

I have never seen this on Princess. They do have a coin laundry on the larger ships with ironing boards & irons to use. Anything else you pay by the piece & it really is no more expensive than at home dry cleaners would charge & they do a great job. If you are in a suite laundry is free as one of the perks.

Jan

I was on the Emerald 1/29/2009 Southern Carribean 10 day cruise. They had two of the "specials." It's all the laundry you can fit in one of their paper laundry bags for $20. I think they were on the third and 7 days of the cruise. If you want specifics, I will look it up the the patters.

The key is to fold and roll your clothes as tightly as possible to stuff them in the bag. On my previous cruise to Hawaii, the morning show even gave a demo as to how to stuff the bag. I managed 20 pieces of various sizes. This was our first experiment with the ship's laundry and we were impressed. My husband's rayon aloha shirts, perfect; his tighty-whities, sparkling white. In fact, when we saw the laundered items, we both said "we wanna be Elite."

Archived