Day Pass @ Marriott OR Chair & Umbrella Rental?

Cruisin4US

• 1 month later...

Can someone please tell me how far the Marriot is from the port? We will be on the Carnival Miracle next week and St Kitts is one of our stops. This sounds like a place my dh would love if it isn't too far from the port. There will be 3 of us and we have no need for a room. Thanks!

I'm with Mary on this question. I'd like to be able to use the chairs, the beach service, the pool, bathrooms, etc. without feeling like I'm taking something that I'm not entitled to. If I just wanted to use the beach, that's fine, but once I start using the pool, bathrooms, etc. that's a different thing.

$65 for the day runs me $13 per person for my family of 5. (I called and they told me the room is for 4 people but my kids didn't count.) I paid that much for lounge chairs & umbrellas at other beaches we've traveled to, without having access to a room for a shower or nap, or to a pool & swim-up bar if I wanted a change of scene.

My main concern is that if I reserve it ahead of time and it's cloudy or cool, I'll be out the money, and if I don't reserve it, I'm running up against holiday crowds and may not get the room.

This sounds like the way to go $65 for 4 and have a room other than $35pp. Could you give me the phone number to call. Thanks

We went to the Marriott for free... we just walked in, went to the pool, and had fun. We did not use our Carnival towels so that we would not get charged anything. We used the nice pool, had a drink and paid cash, and it was wonderful.

The taxi driver actually told us to do this. Nobody gave us any hassle.

We went to the Marriott for free... we just walked in, went to the pool, and had fun. We did not use our Carnival towels so that we would not get charged anything. We used the nice pool, had a drink and paid cash, and it was wonderful.

The taxi driver actually told us to do this. Nobody gave us any hassle.

How exciting you won a cruise! :)The miracle is going to Aruba and is my favorite ship so far.

Hi Katiecat,

I called the Marriott there directly to confirm details and they will not book in advance since it is based on availability. The cost I was quoted for mid December was $90 plus tax for 4 persons in room for day (until 6pm checkout) and includes beach chairs/palapa and use of other facilities they said. The $65 rate might be a special they offered or based on time of the year.

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Katiecat,

I called the Marriott there directly to confirm details and they will not book in advance since it is based on availability. The cost I was quoted for mid December was $90 plus tax for 4 persons in room for day (until 6pm checkout) and includes beach chairs/palapa and use of other facilities they said. The $65 rate might be a special they offered or based on time of the year.

Melissa

Melissa could you give me the phone number for the marriott I'll call while in port before I decide. Thanks

Melissa could you give me the phone number for the marriott I'll call while in port before I decide. Thanks

I googled "Marriott St. Kitts" and found this information:

858 Frigate Bay Road

Frigate Bay, Saint Kitts and Nevis

Phone: 1 869 466 1200

However, I was also unable to book a room or a day pass ahead of time other than through St. Kitts Tour Store.

Sound familiar? Some of us end up paying for those unwilling to carry their own weight!

I returned recently from a cruise that had a port stop in St Kitts. Based on the info I had read on here I was fully prepared to purchase a day pass for this resort. However upon arriving a little after 9am we checked the pool area and beach area out to make sure it was worth the $35pp we had read about. We loved what we saw so I headed to the front desk to ask about using the facilities until 1:30pm when we planned on leaving. At this point one of the gentlemen told us that if we were purchasing beverages and food that we were more than welcome to use the pools and beach loungers BUT that we'd have to pay for our purchases as we made them since we had no room to charge them to.

We drank and ate lunch on the beach and had a great time. Perhaps we were not charged the day pass rate because we were only there from 9am-1:30pm but we certainly didn't avoid carrying our own weight. The staff were wonderful and we chatted about our cruise with them.

:cool:Thank you so much for the info. My husband i are going to the

marriott st kitts. It sounds absolutely wonderful.

I see where you are from upstate new york. I am from albany

and go back to visit the family every two years.

It's always great to go back to your roots......cruising lucy

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let those considering the Marriott know what a great time we had there. We visited for the day off the Miracle. When we arrived, a rain storm had just passed through and it remained gray for a while. A young man greeted us at the beach and offered us chairs and umbrella at no cost since the beach was empty and their vacancy high that day he said. There was construction going on at the back of the main resort. Everything looked very well kept including the grounds.

We were prepared to pay the rental cost but instead spent money on lunch and drinks all of which were delivered to our beach chairs. The sun eventually came out and it was a great beach day. I am not a strong swimmer but the huge boulders off the beach act as barriers to the large waves (this is the Atlantic side) so I was able to swim comfortably and float along with the waves. The beach is a golden tan color, not powdery white but not the dark volcanic sand.

There was a volley ball type net at one end of the beach and a family and children were playing soccer there. Beach wide enough we didn't even hear them.

The hottest Jerk Chicken wings ever were $8.95...expensive but the wings were large. They also had sandwiches and burgers available. Had the best Rum Punch of the cruise here.

Vendors were very polite. Simple no thank you and smile and they did not return if you were not interested. Most people on the beach were Marriott booked guests and a few crew members from the Victory were there.

Based on our experience I would definitely return to the Marriott. Wish we had had more time there.

My wife and I will be spending our day at the Marriott in Feb. Last year we walked thru the grounds to the beach and proceeded to walk the Atlantic side and crossed over to South Frigate Bay to spend the afternoon on the beach. Loved what we saw at the Marriott, but would like more info...

From recent thread info it appears that you can use the beach facilities (chair and umbrella) at the Marriott. Is there a cost for the chair and umbrella? Can you use the pools and restaurant or must y'all purchase a day pass? Any info about the Marriott would be appreciated!

Peter

Just wanted to let those considering the Marriott know what a great time we had there. We visited for the day off the Miracle. When we arrived, a rain storm had just passed through and it remained gray for a while. A young man greeted us at the beach and offered us chairs and umbrella at no cost since the beach was empty and their vacancy high that day he said. There was construction going on at the back of the main resort. Everything looked very well kept including the grounds.

We were prepared to pay the rental cost but instead spent money on lunch and drinks all of which were delivered to our beach chairs. The sun eventually came out and it was a great beach day. I am not a strong swimmer but the huge boulders off the beach act as barriers to the large waves (this is the Atlantic side) so I was able to swim comfortably and float along with the waves. The beach is a golden tan color, not powdery white but not the dark volcanic sand.

There was a volley ball type net at one end of the beach and a family and children were playing soccer there. Beach wide enough we didn't even hear them.

The hottest Jerk Chicken wings ever were $8.95...expensive but the wings were large. They also had sandwiches and burgers available. Had the best Rum Punch of the cruise here.

Vendors were very polite. Simple no thank you and smile and they did not return if you were not interested. Most people on the beach were Marriott booked guests and a few crew members from the Victory were there.

Based on our experience I would definitely return to the Marriott. Wish we had had more time there.

We will be on the Miracle at the end of March, thanks for the review, I was glad to hear you had a great time. We are considering going to the Marriott also, how much was the cab ride, there will be 5 of us going? Also, did you have a stop in St Maarten?? Was it very busy and what excursions did you do. Thanks:D

Archived