Norwegian Dream

Today the Norwegian Dream left "Pireus Roads" to sail to Kalamata (Greece).

Romours said she went to Fred Olsen instead of Black Prince.

That would be very interesting if she went to Fred Olsen. They must see something in her that Louis doesn't...or they were just willing to pony up for the service upgrades she'd need.

Edited by Atomica

• 2 weeks later...
I believe Fred Olsen might have bought the dream also.:)

Oh thank heavens. There for a second I was thinking our beloved Dream was cursed! I hope Fred Olsen takes good care of her and I have the chance to sail on her again. The Dream will forever be my favorite ship.

• 2 months later...

I went on the inaugural sailing of the Dreamward. Loved the ship and the central stairs with the big picture windows. I was in college and found a deal and went with a buddy. We were heck on wheels that week! I remember we took a bottle of 180 proof booze and it broke in his luggage. The booze ate the suitcase liner up! Stained his clothed the color of the suitcase too....Thank goodness it washed out!

We had a ball meeting everybody and the crew. What fun times!

• 1 year later...

I was the original "poster" of this thread, and appreciated all of the input that I got regarding the Norwegian Dream. There, however, have been no replies in quite some time, so I'm wondering if anyone knows this wonderful ship's fate as of now. Thanks.

She has wandered around the Aegean, to various ports in Turkey, and bounces between Syros and Piraeus Roads of late. She is currently docked in Syros. EM

That's too bad. Two full years now in limbo on either side of the Atlantic.

I never thought it'd take this long for the Dream to find a buyer...

Hi, I just booked a cruise in Nov. 2010 on the Dream. Does anyone know of a board specifically for that sailing? I couldn't find one.

Thanks.

Sue

I was the original "poster" of this thread, and appreciated all of the input that I got regarding the Norwegian Dream. There, however, have been no replies in quite some time, so I'm wondering if anyone knows this wonderful ship's fate as of now. Thanks.

Hi, I just booked a cruise in Nov. 2010 on the Dream. Does anyone know of a board specifically for that sailing? I couldn't find one.

Thanks.

Sue

Hey Sue,

This thread is for the Norwegian Dream, which is no longer in service. Are you perhaps sailing on the Carnival Dream from Port Canaveral?

• 6 months later...

The Dream sailed from Piraeus about 4 weeks ago now, she went through the Suez canal, down the red sea and into the gulf of Aden, at which point she disappeared off the ship tracking site and not been seen since:(

The info should appear in this link along with lots of pics of her

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=308272000

• 2 weeks later...

As miserable as our voyage was (the 1999 collision), I hate to see these older ships on which I've sailed sold for scrap. I know it must happen but it always seems like I'm losing a family member.:(

• 2 weeks later...

I've just found this and copied it from "cruise industry news" website.

Norwegian Dream Update printButton.png Friday, 10 June 2011 | Written by CIN Staff Since lingering in Greece and reportedly having been tied up in legal matters, the Norwegian Dream has moved to Asia.

The ship was heading east in April, and docked at Sembawang Shipyard before being anchored off Singapore. Port officials confirmed to Cruise Industry News that the ship was anchored there, but had no plans to berth.

Despite rumors of a sale, charter, or the possibility operating for Star Cruises, the Norwegian Dream continues to be a question mark.

In a statement prepared for Cruise Industry News, Genting Hong Kong (which owns Star Cruises, the owner of the ship) said: “We can confirm that Norwegian Dream was docked at Sembawang Shipyard for technical dry-dock last month.”

• 2 months later...

Was browsing another cruise forum (which I cannot belong to) and found a running thread about Norwegian Dream. Apparently she has been in and out of Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore a couple of times, went for a short run, and back to the shipyard. They have a member in Singapore reporting in on her. Also mentioned a contest on Star Cruises facebook page for name for a new ship. Perhaps Star has decided to bring her back into the fleet. EM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure just how old the Google Earth image is but it is dated 2011 and I believe it shows the Norwegian Dream in drydock at Sembawang Shipyard, Singapore. I also believe the Norwegian Magesty is tied up at St. George, Bermuda, again shown on Google Earth.