Weather in October

We went a little later in Oct '08. We arrived in Paris on 10/14 to cloudy skies, but no rain. Later that day we flew on to Rome. The morning dawned clear and beautiful skies. It was a little chilly in the mornings, we wore rain jackets, but by 10:00 you could remove them. The third day, we awoke to rain. I mean hard driving rain. Our transfer came at 11:00 and loaded our luggage. As we approached Civitavecchia the skies cleared and we had blue skies with sunshine. The 12 days of the cruise were absolutely beautiful. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 50's overnight and possibly 70's during the day. The last night 10/28 we arrived in Venice to wet streets & puddles so knew it had been raining. It continued to rain the two days we were there, then followed us back to Paris, we had 2 more days of rain before flying home. Then of course we saw photos in the news of the flooding in Venice after we got home. It was really bad in '08.

So I'd say you should be pretty safe going the first two weeks of October. I'd still take lots of pants and long sleeve shirts, with a lightweight jacket. We are from Southern California, and the temps were about the same as we see at home.

Archived