Adventure VS Mariner??

We are booked for Mariner's Mexican Riveria Cruise. And this Morning Travel Channel reran thier "Great Cruises: Adventure of the Seas". I see in the brochure they are of the same class, so i guess my question is are there any differences and if so what are they? I did notice the balconies look different from the pictures i have seen. Thanks for all your help. As a side note I guess this show is from 2003.

The balconies on AOS are part of the superstructure and enclosed in metal. On the Mariner, they are on the outside of the superstructure.

Mariner has 2 specialty restaurants, Chops and Portofino, while AOS only has Portofino.

On AOS, there is an area at the back of the ship called Adventure Beach which has some small pools and slides for children. On Mariner, they replaced this area with an expanded teen area.

I believe those are the most noticeable differences other than decor, but someone else will have to chime in on that.

We did Adventure last March and are doing Mariner in 3 weeks! The AOS itinerary was

fabulous, which is one of the biggest reasons we chose it. We are looking forward to MOS

as well.

One other thing, on AOS there is a sports bar on the promenade and on MOS they have a wine bar instead. Both have the pub and the other usual stores, etc. that are the same.

I have been on both the Adventure and Mariner of the Seas and, as a Windjammer fan, I preferred the Mariner. On my Adventure sailing the Windjammer buffet was very crowded at all hours that it was open. In addition there is no Jade area featuring Asian specialties on the Adventure. Although I like the Caribbean itinerary of the Adventure, I think that the Mexican Riviera has just as much to offer.

All in all you'll enjoy whatever sailing you choose because both ships are fantastic !! :)

Happy sailing

We've been on both, Mariner twice. We love the Mariner. We're so-so on the Adventure. In our experience Mariner has better food and a friendlier staff.

Having said that, we don't care for the Mexican Riviera at all. We like the Caribbean better.

Archived