Is Misty Fjord worthwhile if we see College Fjord?

tonto2004

We will be on Coral Princess from Anchorage - Vancouver in late June. We cruise College Fjord the first day out, and I am wondering if it is worth booking a tour of Misty Fjord out of Ketchikan, or is one fjord much like another?? We probably wouldn't book a small plane flight of Misty Fjord, just a boat.

Thanks!

We will be on Coral Princess from Anchorage - Vancouver in late June. We cruise College Fjord the first day out, and I am wondering if it is worth booking a tour of Misty Fjord out of Ketchikan, or is one fjord much like another?? We probably wouldn't book a small plane flight of Misty Fjord, just a boat.

Thanks!

I took a float plane, so I can't comment on the boat trip, but Misty Fjord & College Fjord look *totally* different. Misty Fjord is narrow with lush green hills surrounding you. College Fjord is much wider & open, with TONS of glaciers spilling into the water. Misty Fjords does not have glaciers (at least the part that we saw didn't).

Sayhello

Completely different terrain. Misty is all green with alpine lakes, College Fiords is glaciers. :) Since you are in Whittier, the "best" glacier viewing is, by far, a boat tour, consider this since it is far superior to anything seen from the cruise ship.

I too think Misty Fiord is better viewed from the air, so much of it is up high. :)

Archived