Ports question

Joeyb708

We are booked on Mariner of the Seas for November 29th Mexican Riviera Cruise. Do we go thru Customs/imigration in each port or before we board the ship in Los Angeles? Or if you could tell us how this works.

Thanks

JD

We've done RCI's Monarch 2006, and the Golden Princess 2008 Mex Riv cruises and both times we went through customs after debarking the ship the last day of the cruise.

They'll hand out the customs sheets shipboard the day before last, and the in room tv's will have 24 hour (once they hand them out) info on filling them out.

Hope that helps!

I guess maybe I didnt explain myself correctly, I mean going through mexican customs to go into the ports. When we flew into PV 3 years ago, we had to pass thru thier border/custom office at the airport. Do we do something like that in the port? Do you take you passport with you into port or do you leave it on the ship? Sorry if I didnt ask my question correctly.

Thanks again

JD

hm, let me re-phrase: As we reboarded the ship we need an ID (we used our drivers licenses rather than taking passports on shore) and our shipboard pass - and we were checked before going back through the x-ray machines in each port.

hm, let me re-phrase: As we reboarded the ship we need an ID (we used our drivers licenses rather than taking passports on shore) and our shipboard pass - and we were checked before going back through the x-ray machines in each port.

Yes we did need those when we were on the DP.

of the 3 ports (cabo, mazat & pv) PV is the only one with a small effort by the mexicans. They run a short line returning to the ship, and they inspect bags and purses. A nominal effort. They will take ship cards as id, with no picture. If you are nervous and do not look like a cruise passenger, you may want to carry and id and passprt

Archived