Nachi Cocom-- how much do the extras cost??

SandySeas

We're going to Nachi spring break week. We don't like the over crowded beaches, so we figured Nachi was our best bet, after reading everyone's reviews. We have 5 adults in our party, 1 teenager, and two small children. We're worried Nachi will be too laid back and quiet for the teen in our group (15.) We read in the reviews that for an extra cost we can rent water sports. Does anybody know how much they cost? jet ski? banana boat? ect? Also, is there anything (shopping, attractions) within walking distance outside of Nachi if there's not enough excitement on the beach for her?

I've been to Nachi Cocom four times (and am returning next week for my fifth!) I have never opted to do any of the add on activities. Nor can I remember the prices off the top of my head. But, I can tell you that the prices are very, very affordable relative to anything you would book through the cruise ship, or even from a local vendor at the pier. Not too long after you get your wrist band and a spot on the beach, you will be approached by a nice man who will offer you the following: wave runners, parasail, kayaks, banana boat ride, snorkeling and scuba. (I only remember this because I still use the little "business card" he gave me with the list of activities as a book mark!) I didn't ask, but I'm assuming that you will be paying in cash. You can also get a beach massage from another on site vendor, also very reasonably priced.

In the past, we have gone there betweeen September and November. The beach area has always been very quiet, save for the sound of the waves and the fun and peppy music coming from the bar area. However, this will be our first trip there during the spring break season. And, it is also the first time that we will be there on a Saturday. Combined with the fact that this is a public beach, I imagine that the beach area will be much busier than we have experienced in the past, notwithstanding the fact that the vendor limits the number of "beach break" excursions it sells to cruise guests. (In fact, when we requested to have 2 palapas for our group of 4, we were informed that we could only have 1 palapa because "this is their busiest time of year." Fair enough). In any event, relative to the other hot spot beaches where people go to "see and be seen," Nachi Cocom will very likely be very docile in comparison. Even if its not, I won't care. Because by the time lunch rolls around, I'll probably be on my fourth Carona and feelin' fine. :-)

I wouldn't let a teen wander off, shopping is not close enough, etc..

Also, you can try to negotiate prices for the activities...

They also take pics, etc while you are there and try to sell those to you..We thought the price was too high, and we offered them what we thought was fair and they accepted that...

They will have a little book that they will bring to you that will show you all their activities offered and prices,etc...

Have a great time! :p

We're going to Nachi spring break week. We don't like the over crowded beaches, so we figured Nachi was our best bet, after reading everyone's reviews. We have 5 adults in our party, 1 teenager, and two small children. We're worried Nachi will be too laid back and quiet for the teen in our group (15.) We read in the reviews that for an extra cost we can rent water sports. Does anybody know how much they cost? jet ski? banana boat? ect? Also, is there anything (shopping, attractions) within walking distance outside of Nachi if there's not enough excitement on the beach for her?

They have most of the prices/activities on the island marketing website. Just click on the Nachi Cocom Beach Break excursion and the add on options are listed on that page along with prices and descriptions.

I'd think the teen may be interested in the parasailing ($50) or the snorkeling trip ($30).

Good luck. We are headed to Nachi Cocom for the first time on April 21 and I can't wait.

Archived