Need Help Booking Family of Five!

CRUZFINDER

I'm looking for advice when booking my family of five on Carnival. We have been on six previous Carnival ships; three Fantasy class and on the Victory three times. Have always been able to book one cabin for the five of us (2 adults, 3 kids ages 17, 11 & 9).

Can this be done on the Conquest and Spirit class vessels? All online sites won't let you book more than 4 per cabin on these ships. Don't want to split up the 'family' on our 'family' vacation and, to be honest, you save $$$ when booking one cabin as opposed to two. This greatly concerns me since Carnival doesn't seem to be building anything but Conquest class ships in the near future.

Is there any way around this?

Any family of five in the same situation?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you prefer at CRUZFINDER@yahoo.com

The reason the cruise lines don't like to put more than four in a cabin is due to safety regulations. If they allowed a lot of 5 per cabin passengers, they would reach their passenger limit for their lifeboats and wouldn't be able to sell all their cabins. There is no way to get around this, a rule is a rule. Are you absolutely needing to go on Carnival? RCCI has family suites that easily fit 5, plus you have the great option of having two bathrooms.

In 3 cruises for our family of 5, I have found honestly that 2 inside rooms were not all that much more $$ than 1 room was. Sometimes (for whatever reason, I don't know) the 3rd, 4th, and 5th persons in a stateroom aren't any cheaper than the 1st two people. You might try pricing it out both ways and see how big of a difference it is. It may even be a pretty good deal if you'd go with one inside category 4A for 3 people and one inside 1A for the other 2 people. And the small amount more we paid for 2 rooms was worth it simply for the extra bathroom and "breathing space".

Archived