Costa Med Eastern Itinerary Questions

ConCo

Hello,

We are booked on the Mediterannea on 3/27. This is our 6th cruise but the first on Costa so I have a few questions...

Where does the ship dock in San Juan. Is this in old San Juan or the new pier?

What is the private island experience like on Costa? How is this beach in the Dominican Republic (never been there)? What exactly is there to do and how much does it cost once you are there?

Thanks for any information. We are soooo looking forward to a warm spring break...looks like it will be a cold one in Ohio this year!

Connie

PS does anyone know why there are no signatures?? Mine is turned on, but I don't see it along with anyone elses?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies...

I figured the Catalina Island experience to be a private beach day, but didn't know if prices for refreshments were comparable to onboard. Is the BBQ extra?

Hope we do dock in Old San Juan. I've stayed in this area before, but only want to do a little shopping if we are docked right there.

Andy, what age are your teenagers? We have five boys (17,16,14,13, and 8) along with one girl turning 13 from three different families. Hope they can find other friends. This will be my boys fifth cruise so they know what to expect.

Bye all...any more info would be appreciated. Knowledge is power!

Connie

Connie:

We cruised with our 12 year old twins (they were almost 13) on the Atlantica, and they still talk about that vacation. They just simply had a blast, and most of the time when we were at sea, we hardly saw them. They went to the Teens Club (no extra charge) and made lots of friends in no time.

They had several activities throughout the day and evening, they even had their own dinners on two different nights. Evenings they even have their own Teen Dance Party. We just told them what time they should be back in the cabin. They loved it!

Enjoy your cruise!

Can't wait for Jan. 30, as we cruise the same route on the Mediterranea this year! (but without the kids - it's an anniversary cruise ;-) )

Connie,

I dont know if you were asking for my teenagers ages or not? haha.. But I have a girl, Molly 16 and boy, Will 15. They can't wait to meet new people on the cruise but are a little hesitant as to doing so. I know Molly is very outgoing so she will probably have no problem. ha!

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Connie,

We will be cruising with you also. This is our first Costa cruise, so we are a little stressed out. We are bringing our daughter (almost 12), and our 3 and 9 year old sons. We have done RCI and HAL, so the kids are old pros, but this cruise is a surprise for them. Are you doing the togas? I just got a lot of crazy fabric MAJOR CHEAP, so I am making togas (ugh!)

Archived