Private Tour Guides

gidget12

Does anyone have the name of a private tour guide in Belize? I am looking for a guide for private tours. We like to hire a guide for the entire day for our group.

Thanks

We had an excellent knowledgeable tour guide who gave us a personalized private tour that included a great lunch at "Mayan Wells", a restaurant/lodge in a beautiful tropical jungle setting near Altun Ha. The guide's name is Allen Dawson with www.experiencebelizetours.com. He and his wife, Leah, are very professional and they will customize a tour to suit your party. This was one of our most favorite excursions to date.

Here's a portion of my review on our January cruise. We had a large group of 20, some went for cave-tubing and some went for the Lamanai ruins.

Belize – We split into two groups. Some wanted to go cave tubing and some wanted to see the Lamanai ruins. The cave tubers went with Major Tom. Unfortunately, heavy rains meant the trip was cancelled, but Major Tom’s son, Minor Tom, said not to worry, he’d make sure everyone had a good time. He proceeded to take them to the zoo, a man-made beach/swim area and to the flea market. The group highly recommended Major Tom’s company, especially since they had to scramble at the last minute to make their day enjoyable.

The Lamanai ruins group went with Belize Cruise Excursions. Because the time was so tight, I was a nervous Nellie about the schedule. The company was very reassuring through every step of the process, from reservation to excursion. They never lost patience with my many questions and were wonderful to us. Our guide was Elio. He drove us to the New River, drove the boat, and was our tour guide for the entire day. His knowledge of all the flora and fauna along the river was amazing. He even had some spider monkeys (abandoned by someone else) that know his boat and come to the river whenever they see him. We were able to feed them some mangoes. What an unexpected treat! The ruins were amazing; what a gorgeous setting. Lunch was excellent. I can’t recommend Belize Cruise Excursions enough.

Archived