Inspiration - cruising with 6 month old and 9 yr old

jeratbp

Any suggestions? This will be my wife and my 2nd cruise, 1st was with Royal Carib to Bermuda. We are leaving Tampa on 4/11/09 to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We've heard several times that Cayman is more expensive.

thanks,

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

I have found it to be more expensive. You might do a sting ray excursion, you and your wife could take turns going in the water with your 9 y.o The 6 mo old might enjoy the ocean air and warm breeze of the cat ride.

Come on over to our ever quiet roll call if you want:)

Any suggestions? This will be my wife and my 2nd cruise, 1st was with Royal Carib to Bermuda. We are leaving Tampa on 4/11/09 to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We've heard several times that Cayman is more expensive.

thanks,

Jeremy

If you just want a beach, you can catch a cab from the port in GC (this is a tender port) to 7 mile beach. We did an island tour (Hell, Turtle Farm and Sting Rays) and my then 9 year old loved it - so did our 3 year old, though he wasn't much on the Rays. The good thing is one can stay on the boat with the baby while the other goes in with the 9 year old and just take turns.

As for Cozumel, look at Chankanaab park - they have dolphin encounters at a reasonable price. The have a nice salt water pool, a small beach area that you can snorkel from, as well as a larger beach on a bulkhead, which has tons of snorkeling; you just walk down the stairs carved from dead coral and start swimming. They have a beautiful lagoon with iguanas all over. I think they might even have a playground, though we didn't find that. We booked through them directly and caught a cab from the pier. It was a great day.

Archived