Fun Pass for 9 yr old???

jeratbp

What options are there to give a child a Fun Pass to use while in the arcade or hanging out with other kids? I read the Fun Pass rules, and setup my wife and I with charge ability and the 2 kids without. Can we setup a card with a limit? Where can we set this up - onboard or online?

Thanks,

Jeremy

What options are there to give a child a Fun Pass to use while in the arcade or hanging out with other kids? I read the Fun Pass rules, and setup my wife and I with charge ability and the 2 kids without. Can we setup a card with a limit? Where can we set this up - onboard or online?

Thanks,

Jeremy

You can set up a sail & sign card for your child through doing your funpass, but you don't use the funpass for anything except getting on the ship if they ask for it. You can always change their card to have charging privileges once you get onboard. You can add X amount of money to their card, however, I believe if their card is linked to your card, whatever they go over comes off of your card. I could be wrong, but unless they have a card that is not linked with another, I think that's how it works. Now if they have a card with charging privileges that is not linked to another, yes, you can set your limit by only adding to the card what you want them to spend, once they've reached the limit, I believe they will let you go over a little, but not much. I'm sure if you specify that is the limit, they may make a note on the account for you and that's as much as they will be able to spend. I've only taken my kids with me on 2 different cruises, and we were always together, so I didn't have to worry about it that much. I'm sure if I'm mistaken, someone will come along and correct me. I hope I haven't confused ya, and I hope this helps.:)

Thanks,

Jeremy

they can use money in the Arcade to buy coins!!!

that is an option as well

Thanks,

Jeremy

Will you 9 year old be anywhere except with you or camp carnival? If not, they really don't need anything but a few dollars to go to the arcade.

I let my 12 year old have a card and warned him not to over do it. If you trust your child there really isn't much to charge. I think my son charged a couple of sodas and I gave him cash for the arcade. Even the gift shop doesn't have much for kids. If it gets lost you have to go to the pursers desk and cancel it.

Archived