Review: SD2 - March 6 to 15, 2009

DisneyJen

So Mrs. Jbcjtc (or should I say the real Dr. Jbcjtc) ... what is your favorite memory from this trip?

And what say you FT and zqvol?

This question also goes out to the Professah and the Sistahs who I know are lurking as well as the other CCers (RaySan and MarDav).

I know what DJ's DH's answer will be ... something that sounds an awful lot like a MasterCard ad:cool:

i know what dj's dh's answer will be ... Something that sounds an awful lot like a mastercard ad:cool:

Celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss, during a vow renewal officiated by Capt. T, while the sun starts to set over St. John on SD, our favorite cruiseline, surrounded by our cc and SD family and friends...priceless!!!

Celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss' date=' during a vow renewal officiated by Capt. T, while the sun starts to set over St. John on SD, our favorite cruiseline, surrounded by our cc and SD family and friends...priceless!!![/quote']

You've got that right!!! Especially remeber that it is indeed priceless when the USAir MasterCard bill hits:eek:

Seriously ... I couldn't agree more with DJ's DH as he captured the essence of what makes SD and CC so special:D

Note the man does not hold a single liberal arts degree but several business degrees.
I'm going to take the high road, and not comment.

You've got that right!!! Especially remeber that it is indeed priceless when the USAir MasterCard bill hits:eek:

Seriously ... I couldn't agree more with DJ's DH as he captured the essence of what makes SD and CC so special:D

For me, SD is as close to perfection, as we will get to at this point in our lives. We are not about tuxes and gowns (although DJ looked PHENOMENAL in her renewal gown), or what country club we belong to or what kind of cars we drive, or even what our 101K's say we are/are not worth (formerly 401K, according to FT).

It is all about R&R, good friends, good food (and beverage), good times, and checking your ego at the door!:D Titles, positions, riches (however you define them) are all fleeting and never a discussion item on either of my favorite cruising alternatives.

I must say, this is an "adults only" discussion...as all bets are off if our teenage daughter is with us - then it is a mass-market solution that satisfies the majority (except for me ... as you will find me holing up on the verandah of our suite)

Aside from the beautiful vow re-newal, my two favorite experiences were the Bali beds when we decided the stars were upside down and when your Dh and I ran from the pajama party!

We are all sailors and navigators, so we know that the stars were in the right place (I am about to have a sip of Laphroaig, in honor of Dr. jbcjtc...raising my glass...). DJ now knows why I run and hide when she suggests wearing our SD PJ's...:eek::p

I guess the saving grace, is that we didn't have embroidery this trip - we could have gone incognito...:cool:

We are all sailors and navigators' date=' so we know that the stars were in the right place (I am about to have a sip of Laphroaig, in honor of Dr. jbcjtc...raising my glass...). DJ now knows why I run and hide when she suggests wearing our SD PJ's...:eek::p

I guess the saving grace, is that we didn't have embroidery this trip - we could have gone incognito...:cool:[/quote']

And I was looking forward to you wearing PJs that say "DJ's DH.":p

Guess it's incentive to book another cruise:D

So Mrs. Jbcjtc (or should I say the real Dr. Jbcjtc) ... what is your favorite memory from this trip?

And what say you FT and zqvol?

:

hard to pick a particular one or two but what it wasn't . . . was sailing on by White Bay on Jost Van Dyke and realizing that the *&%# waves were keeping us from a C&C splash after missing Anegada and Anguilla too . . . ok . . . now that's my rant against mother nature . . .

I really enjoyed that night when we had dinner under a full moon . . . . (the Hungarian full moon) . . . . can't remember what port but I"m sure DJ or DJDH will ... and watched the luxury yacht with the blue lights at the water line . . . and the other other luxury yacht with a flat screen TV so big we could see the movie from our table several hundred feet across the harbor. Plus it was pretty cool having the Eagles Hell Freeze's Over Concert dedicated to my birthday . . . and the pink flamingos and our own champagne toast at Ocean's 7 . . . . the special appetizer of spicy Thai prawns Stephane arranged the night after the chef had to pull from the dinner menu . . . . how quickly Peter arranged to have my salmon delivered when I was the only one who didn't really like the table's osso bucco . .. .(didn't know I was supposed to eat your special dinner DJ when I ordered it!) I'm sure I can think of a few more "faorite things" but I feel my withdrawal symptoms returning! and with CTBJR and Mrs. CTBJR getting on board shortly, I'm sure they'll be back in full force!:rolleyes:

FT

hard to pick a particular one or two but what it wasn't . . . was sailing on by White Bay on Jost Van Dyke and realizing that the *&%# waves were keeping us from a C&C splash after missing Anegada and Anguilla too . . . ok . . . now that's my rant against mother nature . . .

I really enjoyed that night when we had dinner under a full moon . . . . (the Hungarian full moon) . . . . can't remember what port but I"m sure DJ or DJDH will ... and watched the luxury yacht with the blue lights at the water line . . . and the other other luxury yacht with a flat screen TV so big we could see the movie from our table several hundred feet across the harbor. Plus it was pretty cool having the Eagles Hell Freeze's Over Concert dedicated to my birthday . . . and the pink flamingos and our own champagne toast at Ocean's 7 . . . . the special appetizer of spicy Thai prawns Stephane arranged the night after the chef had to pull from the dinner menu . . . . how quickly Peter arranged to have my salmon delivered when I was the only one who didn't really like the table's osso bucco . .. .(didn't know I was supposed to eat your special dinner DJ when I ordered it!) I'm sure I can think of a few more "faorite things" but I feel my withdrawal symptoms returning! and with CTBJR and Mrs. CTBJR getting on board shortly, I'm sure they'll be back in full force!:rolleyes:

FT

Now FT you are a mother and you know that means we get to be fickle:p

The Full Hungarian Moon would be dinner in St. Barts with our honored guests ohmiss and her DH the Capt.

Luxury yacht with the blue lights at the water line and the HUGE screen was in Gorda Sound.

Hell Freezing Over ... well you got to see those boys live last weekend ... with snow and ice;)

And I have a call into George (that would be Clooney) about a film called "Oceans Seven" which would be a prequel to Oceans 10 and 11:D

You know the protocol when eating with DisneyJen is the same as when eating with the Queen (the one in England not the ones who dance on tables who we absolutely love ... "It's raining men ..." I say it with love ... I briefed Michelle and Barack before they left DC) ... you eat what I eat when I eat:p

I feel my withdrawal symptoms returning! and with CTBJR and Mrs. CTBJR getting on board shortly, I'm sure they'll be back in full force!:rolleyes:

FT

FT, we're here to serve. We can provide as much or as little in the way of fodder for withdrawal symptoms as you would like. Just let us know. Your wish is our command.

I think the best memory was the sound that came out of FTs mouth the first afternoon (I think we had been to the beach on Tortola) that she opened the cabin and discovered the decorations . . . as they say . . . priceless!

FT, we're here to serve. We can provide as much or as little in the way of fodder for withdrawal symptoms as you would like. Just let us know. Your wish is our command.

I'm all for more fodder:p

Agree . . . as much fodder as possible . . . and since its raining yet again ... pictures of sun, surf, and sand and SUN and most importantly, our SD family (we miss very much) would be greatly appreciated too:D

They are calling for the same weather pattern we had this week (lots of rain and gray skies) next week as well ... I agree that pictures would be most welcome:)

Are you packed yet ctbjr:D

Our second week of dismal rain here in L.A. (Lower Alabama), aka "The Redneck Riviera". Am fighting back by re reading the SeaDream book and looking back at our travel albums. Later I plan to put on some SeaDream PJs and make us a Painkiller. My tan is fading! I need a SeaDream fix! Maybe James Cabello will call with an offer we can't refuse.

Stay dry all.

J.

Jim, you can always call James. As an extra added attraction, I believe that he will be joining us on Voyage 2916.

We were betting on our voyage when James would return - I had him at less than 6 months. Question is he traveling as CAD (will he have to sing for his supper)? Or in his new role?

We were betting on our voyage when James would return - I had him at less than 6 months. Question is he traveling as CAD (will he have to sing for his supper)? Or in his new role?

I understand that Meredith will be CAD and that James will be serving in his new role as Commodore of the SeaDream Club. The real question is whether he will disembark when we reach Miami....

• 4 weeks later...

DisneyJen, thanks for taking the time to write this extensive review. We have never cruised on SeaDream. We are currently booked on Celebrity Equinox this December. We have been toying wiht the idea of switching to SD. Your review and pictures is really putting us over the top in that decision making process. It sounds like a dream! No pun intended. lol

DisneyJen, thanks for taking the time to write this extensive review. We have never cruised on SeaDream. We are currently booked on Celebrity Equinox this December. We have been toying wiht the idea of switching to SD. Your review and pictures is really putting us over the top in that decision making process. It sounds like a dream! No pun intended. lol

Glad you enjoyed the photos and reviews.

Trust me, the real trip was even more wonderful than photos or worlds could ever convey.

I hope you give SD a try ... It is our favorite vacation!

Glad you enjoyed the photos and reviews.

Trust me, the real trip was even more wonderful than photos or worlds could ever convey.

I hope you give SD a try ... It is our favorite vacation!

DJ . . . .

looking at the crossing Blog -- wasn't it great to see Jinky again? and to see that someone else celebrates birthdays on board . . . did those decorations seem familiar? Wonder if SD has used up the stock we left on board? :rolleyes:

and did we have the version of Black Forest Cake? I don't remember and will not pass that by next time. :D:D

FT

DJ . . . .

looking at the crossing Blog -- wasn't it great to see Jinky again? and to see that someone else celebrates birthdays on board . . . did those decorations seem familiar? Wonder if SD has used up the stock we left on board? :rolleyes:

and did we have the version of Black Forest Cake? I don't remember and will not pass that by next time. :D:D

FT

It sure was great to see Jinky in those photos ... as well as Gilligan/Zoltan.

Those decorations do look vaguely familiar ... as well as some of the decorations for the 60th wedding anniversary celebration.

We didn't have that version of the Black Forest Cake. Hopefully it will be on the menu on our next trip:p

Archived