Photos of tour with Victor Bodden

richtersl

What great pictures. Looked at your whole album. We are actually doing this same itinerary on Carnival in Jan, so it was great to see.

We are already booked with Victor, so I was very glad to see and hear that you had a great time with him. How much time did you actually spend with him? How much beach time did you have? Did you just wing it or did you have requests? Any info would be appreciated.

We kind of "winged it" with Victor. I told him I'd been to the island before and felt I hadn't seen enough of it. We wanted to see some touristy places and also go where cruise ship passengers generally don't go. I was on a ship tour 2 years ago and wound up with a group of crabby people who didn't want to stop anywhere to take pictures.

Victor was waiting for us when we disembarked. He had a sign with my name on it, which we spotted right away. I think we got off the ship at about 9:00 AM and were with Victor until about 4:30.

I told him that one thing I definitely wanted to see again and wanted my husband to see for the first time was the Iguana Farm. Then, if the weather was remained OK, we like to go to the beach. The rest of the time we just wanted to see the island and to take pictures.

I had mentioned that I was at Fantasy Island last time and he told us there was a charge of $12 pp to use their facilities. He said that the Mayan Princess Resort had public beach access and that it was free. I liked how he looked out for us in that regard. How much beach time we had depended on us. But we wound up with about 2.5 hours. The Mayan Princess Resort was VERY nice. Sections of it were still under construction and when it's finished it's going to be one of the most beautiful resorts on the island.

Victor will even let you build in some shopping time, if that's what you want to do. We drove through West End Village. It's in a very touristy part of the island. A dirt road with HUGE potholes runs through the village. Victor offered us the opportunity to do some shopping but we opted for the beach instead.

The lady collecting money at the Iguana Farm knew him, gave him a big "thumbs up" for us and told him we were lucky to have him as our guide.

You're going to enjoy your tour very much.

• 1 month later...

Hi, your email is not enabled so I need to answer you here. In Cozumel we booked our own tour with Aventuras Naturales. They are American-owned and offer a number of tours. We took a jeep tour to the east side of Cozumel island. The scenery was gorgeous but the water was rough thanks to a storm that had passed through the area a day or two prior to our arrival.

We didn't save any money by booking with them, but we did wind up with a more personalized tour. :)

Archived