Need help deciding which cruise....

dr28326

Carnival Miracle- October 19th to St Maarten, St Lucia, St Kitts OR December 14th to Panama, Costa Rica and Belize? What about this time of year at these ports as far as hurricanes? I need your opinions please to make a decision. We are not real sports people, just like simple sightseeing and relaxing. Love the 4 days at sea on both of these itineraries.

You can join us on the 12/14 sailing! Several of us who sailed Miracle on 12/17/07 are sailing again. I booked way early to get an aft (non-wrap) balcony (just my 2nd, 1st was on the other Miracle, cabin 7192) because of the 4 sea days.

I would love to do the Eastern itinerary, too. It's just that I normally take a cruise in mid-December, and the Western itinerary is what we get. Plus I'm really looking forward to seeing Panama and Costa Rica, and returning to Belize.

Someday, I'll do "the Saints" itinerary, too. Except I'm sailing on Victory in May and we'll be stopping in St Lucia and St Kitts, so there would be only 1 new port for me by the time I get around to that, and I try to get as many "new to me" ports as possible.

We sailed Legend to Panama, Costa Rica and Belize in 2005 and loved the cruise. Colon and Limon do not have beaches nearby so you will have limited options if you do not book excursions. December isn't in hurricane season so this itinerary shouldn't be interrupted by tropical storms though it is a remote possibility.

We sailed the NCL Gem from New York last month. Our sailing called on St. Thomas, Antigua, Barbados, St. Martin and Tortola. Sailing from NYC is amazing. If you choose the Miracle you will really enjoy something special. The eastern islands are beautiful and very laid-back.

This itinerary sounds perfect for you but.....October is very much in the active part of hurricane season. You are taking a gamble that the cruise could be forced to deviate. If a hurricane comes up the Atlantic coast it could force the ship to Canada or extra days at sea to avoid the storm.

Archived