Getting a good deal when your limited to just one cruise option.

Hi All

For a number of reasons, I am limited to just one cruise option (my first!!!) on the Inspiration, August 6, 2009.

Any way to get a better deal when your so limited? Or is the website as good as it gets?

Thanks!

PS - Whats the difference between Cash Back, Fun Saver, and Early Saver rates? And why do they seem to change so much?

Hi All

For a number of reasons, I am limited to just one cruise option (my first!!!) on the Inspiration, August 6, 2009.

Any way to get a better deal when your so limited? Or is the website as good as it gets?

Thanks!

PS - Whats the difference between Cash Back, Fun Saver, and Early Saver rates? And why do they seem to change so much?

Sometimes a travel agent will reduce the price of the cruise so you can get better prices at times from an agent. It pays to shop around. Even if you book directly with Carnival, you can transfer the booking to an agent before final payment if you desire.

As far as the fun saver rate, that is a discounted rate from the book rate or full rate as shown in brochures. I don't know of anyone paying the book rate, but perhaps some people do. Deposits are fully refundable up until final payment. Should prices go down, you should be able to get the lower price up to final payment time.

Early saver rate is for people booking at least 5 months in advance for a 7 day cruise and I think 3 months in advance for a cruise of less than 7 days. The rate is lower than the other rates shown on the website, but the caveat is that if you cancel the cruise, your deposit is not refundable. If you change to another date or ship, there is a $50 fee. With this rate, should there be an advertised price for the same type cabin that is lower than what you paid even up to two days before sailing, you can get that reduced price.

I don't know what the cash back rate is. I haven't heard of that one. If you mean the Onboard Credit rate, it is usually higher than the other two, but you get some money back as onboard credit. The rate for the cruise may be $100 per person higher but you would get an onboard credit of a total of $100, so it isn't always a win situation.

I hope this helps with your questions. Enjoy your cruise.

Sometimes a travel agent will reduce the price of the cruise so you can get better prices at times from an agent. It pays to shop around. Even if you book directly with Carnival, you can transfer the booking to an agent before final payment if you desire.

As far as the fun saver rate, that is a discounted rate from the book rate or full rate as shown in brochures. I don't know of anyone paying the book rate, but perhaps some people do. Deposits are fully refundable up until final payment. Should prices go down, you should be able to get the lower price up to final payment time.

Early saver rate is for people booking at least 5 months in advance for a 7 day cruise and I think 3 months in advance for a cruise of less than 7 days. The rate is lower than the other rates shown on the website, but the caveat is that if you cancel the cruise, your deposit is not refundable. If you change to another date or ship, there is a $50 fee. With this rate, should there be an advertised price for the same type cabin that is lower than what you paid even up to two days before sailing, you can get that reduced price.

I don't know what the cash back rate is. I haven't heard of that one. If you mean the Onboard Credit rate, it is usually higher than the other two, but you get some money back as onboard credit. The rate for the cruise may be $100 per person higher but you would get an onboard credit of a total of $100, so it isn't always a win situation.

I hope this helps with your questions. Enjoy your cruise.

thanks!!

I am shopping around some, hope i can save a few bucks.

I was just on the Carnival site and realized the fun saver info I gave didn't cover one very important thing. That is you don't get to choose your cabin. It is chosen for you by Carnival. Some people like that idea as they get upgrades others don't get upgrades but get a cabin assigned that is not the greatest. It is a chance you take.

Sorry that I didn't mention that before.

I was just on the Carnival site and realized the fun saver info I gave didn't cover one very important thing. That is you don't get to choose your cabin. It is chosen for you by Carnival. Some people like that idea as they get upgrades others don't get upgrades but get a cabin assigned that is not the greatest. It is a chance you take.

Sorry that I didn't mention that before.

no biggie :)

Archived