Able to catch plane?

Burton4eva

We are returning to Port Canavaral on the Glory, if I make my own air arraingements, will Carnival still let me off early disinbarkation even if I don't use self imbark? do they only give prefrance to Carnival cruise - air bookings? I'm looking at a 11:30 AM flight out of Orlando. :confused:

We are returning to Port Canavaral on the Glory, if I make my own air arraingements, will Carnival still let me off early disinbarkation even if I don't use self imbark? do they only give prefrance to Carnival cruise - air bookings? I'm looking at a 11:30 AM flight out of Orlando. :confused:

The night before you get off, head down to the Pursers Desk with your airline tickets and they will give you Zone 3 tags to get off early. You can use Self Debark and get off even earlier.

Fred

I wouldn't try and here's why

Too big of problem to deal with regarding stress during the last 2 days of vacation. Am I going to make my return flight?

Let's back plan

1. Flight departs at 11:30

2. MUST be checked in by 10:30 preferably 10:00 at the latest

3. 1 hour trip from port to airport. MUST be on the road by 9 - 9:30 at latest

4. Must have luggage in hand and cleared Customs and Immigration by 8:30 or 8:45

For me,,too many what if's

You probably can and would make it but,,, darn,,my stress level would be thru the roof.

What's your back up plan if you miss your flight? Standby is an option for an individual traveler. Not so much for a family due to seat limitations.

I would NEVER book a flight that early, especially if you have to drive an hour from port to airport. :eek:

The ship can be delayed getting into port, there can be delays with Customs in clearing the ship.....NO ONE gets off the ship until it is cleared by Customs. There could be traffic problems getting from port to airport. Do yourself a favor and book a later flight.

Having said that, as Fred already posted, yes you can get an early debarkation tag by going to the Purser's desk and showing them your airline tickets.

Good luck! :)

I would NEVER book a flight that early, especially if you have to drive an hour from port to airport. :eek:

The ship can be delayed getting into port, there can be delays with Customs in clearing the ship.....NO ONE gets off the ship until it is cleared by Customs. There could be traffic problems getting from port to airport. Do yourself a favor and book a later flight.

Having said that, as Fred already posted, yes you can get an early debarkation tag by going to the Purser's desk and showing them your airline tickets.

Good luck! :)

I agree completely . . . too little time (especially from cruise port to airport). . . too many Murphies can gain access.:D

I always book a late afternoon or evening flight from the East Coast, but again, in fairness, I GAIN three hours returning to the West Coast, so I don't arrive all that late.

I wouldn't try and here's why

Too big of problem to deal with regarding stress during the last 2 days of vacation. Am I going to make my return flight?

Let's back plan

1. Flight departs at 11:30

2. MUST be checked in by 10:30 preferably 10:00 at the latest

3. 1 hour trip from port to airport. MUST be on the road by 9 - 9:30 at latest

4. Must have luggage in hand and cleared Customs and Immigration by 8:30 or 8:45

For me,,too many what if's

You probably can and would make it but,,, darn,,my stress level would be thru the roof.

What's your back up plan if you miss your flight? Standby is an option for an individual traveler. Not so much for a family due to seat limitations.

I agree. Not worth the chance.

And let me again repeat my story about what happened in December on Fascination in Jax.

Two people who were non-US passport holders failed to report to immigrations as they are required VERY early on that last morning. Self-disembark did not even begin until 8:30, and it was a mess by then since everyone who "thought" they'd be well on their way by then was still standing around with their 18 large suitcases.

On Glory last May, we stayed on until after 10 am, relaxing by the aft pool, all by ourselves. Walked right up to our bags, walked right through customs to the Avis shuttle, picked up our rental, and spent a few more hours enjoying the day in Cocoa Beach.

I just don't know why everyone is in such a hurry to get home!

IF everything goes perfectly, you could probably make it. But I just don't know why people insist on pushing their luck.

Archived