Looking for cruise ship with ceramics on board

mcfaddensfarm

Okay, I feel like maybe I've lost it. A week or so ago I read somewhere that one of the ships has a little ceramic place on board. You know, like those stores you can go to where you pick out a picture frame or plate, paint it & then they fire it for you & you get to take it home. I can't remember if I read it in a review or just somewhere on one of the boards. But I swear, I read it! I told my son about it and was thinking it was a Princess ship, but when I went back on to show him about it I can't find it anywhere! I feel so dumb because I can't even remember which cruise line it is. Has anyone here heard of such a thing? Please let me know if you have!

Princess has their program called "ScholarShip @ Sea" where you can take courses while on the ship. One of the available classes is a pottery class. I'm assuming this is what you are referring to. I'm pretty sure ScholarShip @ Sea is available on all Princess ships, but I'm not sure. The course offerings may differ from ship to ship.

From the Princess website:

PRINCESS SCHOLARSHIP@SEA PROGRAMSM

Now expanded to the entire Princess fleet, the Princess ScholarShip@Sea ProgramSM is the newest feature of our onboard entertainment product.

As “sea scholars”, you will be offered contemporary enrichment courses allowing you the choice to enhance not only your vacation experience, but also the quality of your personal and professional life.

From wine tasting to financial investing to digital travel photography, you can choose from a menu of approximately twenty complimentary courses per voyage, six per sea day, from four core topic areas including: Photography, Computer Technology, Culinary Arts and Visual/Creative Arts, and special topics. Expanding on the theme of Personal Choice®, passengers can participate in as little or many classes as they choose. Passengers also have the opportunity to expand their ScholarShip@Sea experience as small group instruction will be offered for pottery courses and ceramics, indepth computer programs, and more. Space is limited and group instruction courses are offered for a minimal fee.

Hope that helped a little.

• 2 weeks later...

The ceramics program offers greenware that you paint yourself and then pick up the finished piece after firing. No charge for the service, just a charge for whatever piece you decide to paint - $20 picture frame, $30 plate, $20 fish for the wall, $20 coffee mug, etc. It's not really a class. You just go whenever the shop is open. Most of the time there's no one there but the Princess person. There are no finished pieces for sale.

Archived