Garden Villa

SeattleMother

Thanks, Barb - and that is a very logical way to look at it. But my question today is not about the OBC for the GV vs the 2 cabins. It is about the (apparent) practice of allowing the 2 OBCs to be kept for an upsell but not for a full-fare upgrade. But I guess if they did that, then some people might try to game the system by booking 2 cabins, then upgrading just to keep the multiple OBCs. There are always many angles to consider in every business.

As I said, though, I acknowledge that I committed to the full fare upgrade knowing the rules - so I accept and respect their policy.

Thanks so much, all of you!! However, I have a TA and I am told that they will not even talk with you if you have a TA. True or false?

Unfortunately and I hate to be critical of people, my TA has not been the greatest (she is someone I knew casually in my former business life.) She really is not an assertive personality and I don't have confidence that she pushed the point (as you guys did) in the first place. Oh well, lesson learned as far as that goes. :)

But I digress...would NCL speak directly with me on this where I have a TA? I suppose I could try writing a letter if they will not?

Or maybe they won't even consider it since I am in the slum GV

(14000) HA!! KIDDING!!! (I really am in that one - but if THAT's a "slum".... haha!)

But I digress...would NCL speak directly with me on this where I have a TA? I suppose I could try writing a letter if they will not?

I don't know if they'll talk to you or not, but... what about a 3-way call with your TA on the line?????

Ah...but on second thought - you know what, guys? Our OBCs for the AA and AC were $500 each - so that would mean an OBC of $1000 for the GV if they let us keep both. So now here is the question:

Have any of you been able to keep multiple OBCs for a total of MORE than $500, when taking an upsell or paying for an upgrade from a 2-cabin (or more) booking to a GV?

My guess is that this might be the tripping point - NCL's max OBC (from what I've seen) has been $500 per cabin. Maybe they'd let us keep multiples (as you did, Adopt Atty) as long as the total comes to less than $500.

I have no problem calling and never feel hurt if someone says no to me - but I also don't want to waste anyone's time.

what does that mean? what is a cert?

It's a certificate. We had certificates for different denominations. You have to sign and take to the front desk. They then apply the credits to the individual on board accounts. But, be sure to check your account. On our cruise they had $25 on the wrong account. I'm not sure how they did that since none of the certificates were $25.:rolleyes: But Simone was able to get it all straightend out.

As for the butler. I'm not sure who it will be because John left on February 28th to get married. He said when he returns he will be on the Dawn. :( He was fantastic.

Ah...but on second thought - you know what, guys? Our OBCs for the AA and AC were $500 each - so that would mean an OBC of $1000 for the GV if they let us keep both. So now here is the question:

Have any of you been able to keep multiple OBCs for a total of MORE than $500, when taking an upsell or paying for an upgrade from a 2-cabin (or more) booking to a GV?

My guess is that this might be the tripping point - NCL's max OBC (from what I've seen) has been $500 per cabin. Maybe they'd let us keep multiples (as you did, Adopt Atty) as long as the total comes to less than $500.

I have no problem calling and never feel hurt if someone says no to me - but I also don't want to waste anyone's time.

Yes we were able to keep a total of $550. We had $250 OBC for our BA and Jerry was able to keep $300 for his mini.

I think it depends who you talk to. PCC said no, her supervisor said no, and the upgrade people said yes.

I *always* seem to get the clunkers.

Thanks, Barb - and that is a very logical way to look at it. But my question today is not about the OBC for the GV vs the 2 cabins. It is about the (apparent) practice of allowing the 2 OBCs to be kept for an upsell but not for a full-fare upgrade. But I guess if they did that, then some people might try to game the system by booking 2 cabins, then upgrading just to keep the multiple OBCs. There are always many angles to consider in every business.

As I said, though, I acknowledge that I committed to the full fare upgrade knowing the rules - so I accept and respect their policy.

Keep the pressure on NCL to give you your OBC, we did the same thing when we took an upsell to the GV, after a few calls we still had our OBCs, we had certs. in the GV on sailing day.

Mooline,

When you call, tell them that you know some who upsold to the GV on the NCL Star 2-09 Mexico trip. (See tdcjerry's post above.) It's a very good argument because 1) it's true, you know that he upsold & kept his OBCs and 2) you've paid full upgrade fare.

Mooline,

When you call, tell them that you know some who upsold to the GV on the NCL Star 2-09 Mexico trip. (See tdcjerry's post above.) It's a very good argument because 1) it's true, you know that he upsold & kept his OBCs and 2) you've paid full upgrade fare.

I contacted my TA and gave her all of the stories. She is going to call NCL again (she says that there is a "special department that deals with these types of things") and if she does not get satisfaction, she says that she will go through her agency's NCL rep. Of course, she cannot pursue this until Monday.

I'll come back here and let you all know how this unfolds. If she has no luck, I may write a letter to NCL. Can't hurt.

Thanks so much for all of the help (and moral support), everyone! If I do end up with even some of the lost credit, it will be strictly because of CC! :)

Haven't been there yet... but from what I'm told... 14500 has a large walk behind bar and some type of a luggage storage closet, while 14000 has a stainless galley/kitchen. Oh, and now I can't recall, but one has a bridge over the stream by the hot tub and one hot tub has a more elaborate roof over it. I'm guessing either one is just dandy!!! :D

If your TA can't get what you want, it's time to find one that will. I have always worked with NCL on any problem, and it has always been worked out to what I want.

Indeed....Just gave her the business becasue she was someone I knew. Maybe she'll redeem herself (I hope.)

In any case, my problems are really few, if this is the extent of my worries. ;)

Each bedroom and the Living Room in the Star and Dawn Garden Villa has a TV with a built-in DVD player...the player is hard to find and use, but it comes out from under the center of the TV. So there are 4 DVD players. In the two master baths there is also another TV over the whirlpool tub, for a total of 6 TVs.

There's nothing wrong with 14000, but the full bar and storage closet in 14500 are a nice advantages over the catering kitchen. Out in the garden, while the arrangements are a little different (the little Japanese Garden bridge in 14000) I frankly don't think one is better than the other.

Frankly, we think the Star/Dawn GVs are still the nicest, including 14000. On the Jewel-Class, we think the Jewel/Jade GVs are FAR nicer than the Pearl/Gem--you don't have upstairs neighbors and you have your FULL upper deck in a garden that's already 1/3 the size of the Dawn/Star's. On all of the Jewel class the hot tub is almost always unusable at sea, so night-time romantic dips are rare--dumb idea by NCL.

You're about to be ruined for any future cruises.

Ain't *that* the truth!

How about the phones? Two in each bedroom & LR (one wired/one portable). And one in each master bedroom's loo. The GV's have at least 10 phones.:p

What a wonderful dream come true for all of you lucky souls who have been blessed enough to experience an unforgettable Garden Villa!

What a way to go!:D We can only look and dream, but thanks for sharing your experiences and pictures with us!:)

Archived