Carnival Vacation Rewards Program

Calker

We received a phone call tonight trying to sell us a new "Carnival Vacation Club". Does anyone have any information on this program? I am looking for the good and the bad so please respond with the "Hail Mary's" and the warts.

They had the Carnival Vacation Club - you purchased in advance points that could be used for cruises. This is a new program where your cruise purchase of $1,000.00 earns you 2,000 in points. When you earn 10,000 points you can exchange them for $1,000.00 off a cruise purchase.

I am a Carnival Vacation Club member, we have a few on here. Im currently late for work, when I return in the morning around 6:30am PST ... I will post all of the information about it.

Real quickly for me, it was the best thing I have done to get me to Platinum membership level. Now that I am Platinum I do not need to renew CVC.

Be back in the morning and I will get you guys the info

Fred

This is a new program where your cruise purchase of $1,000.00 earns you 2,000 in points. When you earn 10,000 points you can exchange them for $1,000.00 off a cruise purchase.

That is the Carnival SeaMiles Credit Card system, Carnival Vacation Club is something totally different.

Fred

This package was sold on a few ships.

It is a program where you buy cruise points to use over the next 5 years. The program gets you some perks like no waiting for embarkation and first off of the ship and a few others.

Here is the breakdown:

4 levels

Bronze - $3495 for 14000 points

Silver - $4995 for 20000 points

Gold - $7495 for 30020 points

Platinum $9995 for 40030 points

in addition to the cruise points you also get 3 free companion air certificates

plus

3 Resort Vacation certificates good for a week at a resort for a fee of $299.00 . Resorts are all over the globe 450 of them

The points basically works like this About 350 points per day per person in low season, 400 points per day in mod to hi season, and 500 points per day for holidays, etc. If you run short of points you can buy short term points to make up the difference for say your last cruise.

We were able to book 4 inside cabin cruises with our Silver Membership.

Also as a member you get discounts on all lines of CCL ships. That's Princess,HAL,Cunard,Costa, Seaborne, and so on.

One of the Perks we use is the 25% Discount at the Spa. Wendy usually uses this for her Hair Updos.

Fred

I am a Carnival Vacation Club member, we have a few on here.

Real quickly for me, it was the best thing I have done to get me to Platinum membership level. Now that I am Platinum I do not need to renew CVC.

Fred

This was my situation exactly. Being platinum I no longer need CVC for VIP boarding and debarking.

A word of warning: While we got everything promised us by CVC, the 3 times i purchased cruises with them i was quoted a higher rate than I had found myself on the Carnival website. i got the lower rate with CVC but i had to tell them all 3 times that Carnival was showing a lower rate. This was always followed by 'Hemming and Hawing'. They do it on purpose. They tell you you always get the lowest fare with CVC so I am sure many trust that is the case. It isn't.

I use my Carnival SeaMiles Credit Card to get either a free cruise or to redeem $500.00 off the price of the cruise or I just book Military.

We got CVC while onboard Carnival Spirit in 05 and we really enjoyed all of the perks onboard, also back then they threw 2 Carnival Vacation Club member parties !!! More free drinks.

You also get Chocolate Dipped Strawberries waiting for you in your cabin on day one.

These are 2 pictures of what they served up on the Pride. The first party that they have is the Margarita Party, its a fun wild type of party. The Second VIP Party is more elegant and held on the second Formal night. All Drinks are on the house, you just order what you want. In this picture you can see 3 Trays, the first one had the Coconut Shrimp, the second tray had Pork on top of Yellow Squash and the last tray had the Scallops wrapped with something. It was hard staying away from the Shrimp Cocktails and Coconut Shrimp, beleive me I had alot of them, but had to save some room for dinner.

IMG_0453_400x600.jpg

IMG_0455_800x533.jpg

Fred

We received a phone call tonight trying to sell us a new "Carnival Vacation Club".

I am really surprised that you got a call, they only usually call current or past members and the program was suppose to go away after the last member was done with their membership.

Fred

The old CVC and the new program are good but you must know how to work the system. We always check what the points are for a cruise then check what it would cost if paid in cash and Carnival has always adjusted it when we asked them to. It can be a pain dealing with them but when when you put in the extra effort you will reap the savings. Will find the letter I sent to Carnival and the responce they gave us and adjusted the points for 3 different cruises so others can use it ( no plagerism or youll walk the plank LOL kidding) to make the club work for you. :D:D:D

Archived