It's the little things...

Planning and research involved to figure out what to do in each port

Boarding the ship and getting the "Rush" of excitement that this day is finally here

Roaming around to check out the ship

Foo Foo Drinks to celebrate sailaway

Listening to the Caribbean / Steel Drum music out by the pool

Animal towles each night - the anticipation of what will be next

Dressing up for formal nights and dressing up even a bit for every other night (normally I'm already in my jammies at home by dinner time)

All work and life stresses are put on hold for at least 7 days!

Leaving port each evening and watching the land get smaller and smaller

Only 69 more days till the Mariner...CAN'T WAIT!!!

Counting down the months, days,etc.

Trying not to worry about the weather on flight day, have FINALLY learned to fly in the day before!

Hoping your muster drill will be anywhere except on a crowded deck-who decides the meeting places anyhow!?

The gentle rock of the ship that makes you still feel dizzy 2 days after you're home

The surprise of a towel animal

Lots of people smiling-we don't do enough of that

Checking out your pictures in the Photo Gallery

Drinks, and friendly bartenders

Booking your next cruise and counting down the time!

I love everything about cruising ... all of the little moments & the big ones ...

One of my favorite things I haven't seen mentioned yet, is that first glance out the cabin window each morning - what does the day have in store for us??

I love everything about cruising ... all of the little moments & the big ones ...

One of my favorite things I haven't seen mentioned yet, is that first glance out the cabin window each morning - what does the day have in store for us??

One of the first things we do before the muster is to go out on our balcony and call our parents to let them know we made it on board and to remind them that they probably won't be hearing from us for a week or so, while we watch some of our fellow passenger in line below still waiting to get on the ship. Then it's party time!

What a nice thread ....

1. getting in the elevator everyday seeing the day of the week in the carpet

2. coming into the port of a foreign country - and marveling at how beautiful it is . .

3. meeting new friends at a table for 10 at dinner

4. watching people do things at sea that they would NEVER do at home . . wear funny hats, play stupid games, ets . . with big smiles on their faces

5. and I also love that "boing" sound of the sea pass card . ..

Maybe this thread can be a reminder why we really fell in love with cruising in the first place. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a diamond on our first cruise. No gifts in our cabin (except the bottle of wine from our TA), no coupon book, but we knew we were hooked and we'd be back regardless.

• 5 months later...
What a nice thread ....

1. getting in the elevator everyday seeing the day of the week in the carpet

2. coming into the port of a foreign country - and marveling at how beautiful it is . .

3. meeting new friends at a table for 10 at dinner

4. watching people do things at sea that they would NEVER do at home . . wear funny hats, play stupid games, ets . . with big smiles on their faces

5. and I also love that "boing" sound of the sea pass card . ..

We've had good and bad luck with our table mates, but we always look forward to meeting new friends, then seeing them other places onboard and in port.

I think the economy has caused me to slow down some and appreciate more the little things. For most of us a cruise is a big deal. A big expense and lots of effort goes into planning to make sure that it's a perfect and memorable experience. We just decided on our next cruise, and though it is still a year away, I was thinking today about what I really like about cruising, and what I'm most excited about. It seems like it's the little things that have me looking forward to this next cruise.

As I was showering this morning I thought, "I miss the round shower doors."

Or trying something new at breakfast the first morning in the Windjammer, and then finding that it appears on your plate every morning after and your happy about it...how does that happen?

How about watching the deep blue waves splash against the ship from your balcony. The best place in my opinion. No one to disturb you and you can stay as long as you like.

And why is it that the best sunsets are at sea...unless it's the last one you'll see 'til the next cruise.

Funny, but I also miss the feeling you get when you know you have to get off the ship tomorrow and go home, and then you remind yourself that you'll be back sooner or later!

Does anyone else have little things that they love about cruising?

You can bet your Skippy!!! There are so many things that come to mind.But to sum it up As I approach retirement I reflect on my upbringing and the lack of hope and Future To realize that I have been not on one cruise but eight with more to come makes me thankful and humble

You can bet your Skippy!!! There are so many things that come to mind.But to sum it up As I approach retirement I reflect on my upbringing and the lack of hope and Future To realize that I have been not on one cruise but eight with more to come makes me thankful and humble

That is so true. Not everyone is fortunate enough to experience cruising. We were in our thirties before our first one. We've experienced what we think is the ultimate in cruising last December. We were able to cruise with all our kids, their spouse (not all are married yet) and our grandkids. We hope to get to do that again soon now that our kids are hooked !!!

Archived