Overwhelmed Newbie- Please Help!!

mom2ryan

We leave for our first cruise Thursday and I have no idea what we are going to do in port, and I get even more confused trying to research! HELP!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

We are taking the Fascination, will be in Freeport Friday (12 noon-7pm) and Nassau Saturday (8 am-10 pm). We are a group of 5, my 4 yr old, my husband, me, and the in-laws.

The only thing I know is that my husband wants to go to a beach for at least part of one day, and that the pirates I read about sounded good to my son and father-in-law. We live in a beach town in Florida, so it doesn't have to be a great beach experience, we go all the time, but they want to see the clear water that we don't have here. Also, mother-in-law likes to shop, so I need to work some of that in.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!! I am a planner, and am feeling VERY stressed not having any kind of plan!

Thank you VERY much for any advice!!

If you want zero stress go to the Carnival Website and pick your tours right there, go to the tour desk at the base of the atrium as soon as you board and book um, no problem! One of the snorkling boat trips will give you your clear water fix, and the shopping is literally at the end of the dock in Nassau so you can't go wrong there! Freeport's shopping is off a ways and not as good.

For a better experience not through the cruiseline try Shoretrips, I've used them in the past and they were good. It's easy to find their website.

Next option is don't book anything and just show up. There are tourist bureau desks You have to pass to get to the street, they will book you pretty much anything. You could even split the group up if not everyone wants to do the same thing.

The final option is to walk out the front door and deal with the tour operators that desend on you. You'll get a low price, tour might be a little questionable.

No need to stress, the Bahamas is an easy one to book!

Archived