Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

That is a great point, no balcony upgrade, as I said before going to revisit other cruise lines.

The website still shows a discount on balconies and suites starting at the platinum level.

Cruising with Royal Caribbean International is truly a rewarding experience, especially when you're a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. The more you treat yourself to our amazing cruises, the more we reward you with benefits and extras. And with our Crown & Anchor Society Youth Program, the entire family can enjoy the rewards!

s.gif

Member Benefits Changes effective July 1, 2009

Starting July 1st there will be some changes to our Crown & Anchor Society benefits. Crown & Anchor members will continue to receive their most valued benefits such as discounts on cruises, savings certificates and priority embarkation and debarkation. Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests.

The changes include:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifA new Ultimate Value Booklet with coupons for various onboard amenities.con_bulletgray_ico.gifAn upgraded wine tasting event at a special pricecon_bulletgray_ico.gifA new special event, hosted by our ship officers for Diamond and above members to meet and mingle with other fellow members, will feature complimentary wine, champagne and hors d'oeuvres.

Due to limited capacity, the Concierge Lounge has not been able to accommodate our growing membership, challenging our ability to provide the optimum experience for our guests. Therefore the Concierge Lounge will now be accessible to our suite and Diamond Plus guests only. Diamond Members cruising on Freedom Class ships, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will continue to be able to experience exclusive access to a dedicated Diamond Lounge on these ships, which feature a complimentary 'happy hour' from 5-8:30pm daily.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Royal Caribbean. For the convenience of all our Crown &Anchor members, the following chart outlines all benefits, starting July 1. If you are cruising between now and July 1 and have questions about your benefits please contact the Crown & Anchor Society at 1-800-526-9723 or e-mail then at crownandanchor@rccl.com.

Here are the summary of new benefits starting July 1st:

GOLD:

Ultimate value booklet

Recognition at Captains Cocktail/Welcome party

Sea Pass Card Recognition

Quarterly Savings Certificates online

PLATINUM (IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE):

Private Departure Lounge

Priorty Check in

Platinum and Diamond Event

Robes for onboard use

Discounts on balcony and suites

DIAMOND (IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE):

Priority wait list for shore excursions/spa services

Diamond Lounge on Freedom-Class ships and Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas

Priorty Departure

Diamond event hosted once per cruise on ships without a Diamond Lounge

DIAMOND PLUS (IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE):

Personalized amenity

Concierge Lounge Access

Behind the scenes tours

Preferred seating in the dining room

I am very upset about this and will now definately consider other lines.

I was a loyal RCI cruiser but this is just wrong in my opinion. I was looking to take the 6/7/09 med cruise with my parents for their 50th wedding anniv even though RCI did not have the port choice I wanted. My DW and I love the CL. So now I will look to other lines for this cruise. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So when I finally get to Diamond Plus they can take that away too. When will it end?

Way to go RCI - this could create a mutiny!!! Had to say mutiny!!! :)

It was just a matter of time, the diamond membership really has gotten way too big, I saw this coming when the added the Dia+ level.

It sucks for people that have booked cruises and are now not able to utilize the CL, but maybe if there is enough complaining RCI will come up with another option for the Dia members.

THANK GOODNESS WE ARE D+!!!!!!!

Now we have to worry about them making another tier level above D+

Not good enough for me!!!!!

WOW.....thanks to the execs at RCI, now I can use my stockholder benefit again, since i won't have to worry about that peske balcony discount anymore. :mad:

There is still a balcony discount.

really the only thing they are changing is removing the basic welcome back party for all members, and diamond c. lounge access on smaller ships, replacing it with a diamond party

That's not a small deal, considering we just chose a transatlantic 13 night crossing, presuming we would be able to visit the concierge louge each night.

Removing benefits without substitue is definitely discouraging ... as others have said, this probably means we can expect the same treatment at some point for D+.

I just talked to my dad on the phone he said RCCL could kiss his ... well ... let's just say that line loyalty was already a tad tenuous for him and this was the clencher.

Let's look at this from RCI's point of view, since many of you are saying that they are forgetting their "loyal" customers.

Sure, they are taking something away for now, but don't you think that they are trying to encourage you to sail with them more to get to the highest level within C&A and receive those additional benefits.

Sure, they are taking something away for now, but don't you think that they are trying to encourage you to sail with them more to get to the highest level within C&A and receive those additional benefits.

Yes, but does that encouragement work when it has now been proven that the carrot moves?

Let's look at this from RCI's point of view, since many of you are saying that they are forgetting their "loyal" customers.

Patti,

This is not encouraging in the least. We have three RCL cruises booked and being told that the experience has just been diminished does nothing to encourage me to stick with them to get the same benefits back.

The benefits now read:

Gold: Recognition at Captains Cocktail/Welcome Party**

Platinum: Platinum and Diamond Event

Diamond: Diamond Event hosted once per cruise on ships without a Diamond Lounge

So they are adding a Diamond event in exchange for lack of concierge lounge access.

On my last Independence cruise there were over 400+ diamond/+ guests for the 1st week and 700+ for the 2nd week so in lieu of a party they held a special production show. I am thinking this is the way they are heading with the changes to the loyalty program. Its much cheaper for them to have a show then to give out free drinks or food. Personally I think it sucks. I am diamond plus so will still be able to enjoy the CL but I have friends that now won't be able to attend with me.:(

I'm seeing no reason to stay loyal to Royal any longer. I was able to benefit from the concierge lounge on one cruise and now have lost that privilege. I guess that's whats called a Royal Screwing!:mad: I booked a transatlantic for November last year and now I'm really not looking forward to it as much as I was. I also, just today, placed a 12 cruise on hold for 2010. Not so sure I'll book it now! Sure gives a person something to think about. What will they take away next?

I just did some quick math - I've spent over $50,000 on RCI cruises over the years and I can't get a glass of wine before dinner? :confused:

Ridiculous. Bad business IMO. So, now they will lose my business, not totally but I will now look at other lines too.

They should have grandfathered diamonds in and used the overflow lounge.

I'm seeing no reason to stay loyal to Royal any longer. I was able to benefit from the concierge lounge on one cruise and now have lost that privilege. I guess that's whats called a Royal Screwing!:mad: I booked a transatlantic for November last year and now I'm really not looking forward to it as much as I was. I also, just today, placed a 12 cruise on hold for 2010. Not so sure I'll book it now! Sure gives a person something to think about. What will they take away next?

Totally 100% agree!

Hello..So much for being loyal to Royal! As you can see DH and I started cruising with RCCL/RCI in 1986. We booked a July 25 th cruise with our son and daughter-in-law, who are Diamonds, and we were looking forward to meeting them in the Cl (we are D Plus) for a drink in the evening, as they will be out on their own during the day. We shall be aboard the Serenade OTS, so it looks like there is not a Diamond Lounge, unless they provide a alternate lounge. It won't spoil our cruise, that's for sure, but it would have added something to it, as this would have been a first for the 4 of us.

I knew this was probably coming , so it is not a BIG surprise. RCI dug a hole with all the cruise credits, and apparently this is how they are handling it. Guess our dollars will go to NCL, in a suite. They treat one royally.

Helen

That's not a small deal, considering we just chose a transatlantic 13 night crossing, presuming we would be able to visit the concierge louge each night.

Same here,just booked 12 night TA :(

I have just emailed letting them know how I feel about this :mad::mad::mad:

We just became diamond and will be on the EOS in May. We are not big drinkers (average less than 1 a day on cruises) BUT I was looking forward to my DH being able to have espresso in the morning for free. NCL has it for all passengers available at all times. He used their auto-machines several times a day. We did not take several 3 day trips to reach diamond, we rarely sail for under 10 days. If RC is paying attention maybe they will realize that this is not a good idea; treating loyal customers poorly. I would think they'd be happy that so many passengers enjoy the cruiseline enough as to repeat several times. I consider this a big mistake on RC's part. Can we get some kind of 'petition' going to send to RC headquarters?

I have already sent my email to Crown and Anchor. I absolutely agree...current Diamond members should have been grandfathered in. Poor, poor, poor customer relations.

It would be much much too difficult to grandfather diamond members. Your seapass shows your status only....not when you achieved such status.....besides slimming the numbers for the CL is the reason for the change.

Archived