Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

still not sure you can find a line with better loyalty benefits

you people that want to switch lines are not so bright, you're going to leave just because you cant have the lounge? you aren’t getting the lounge on any other line either and you're not going to have the other benefits... ever think about that? :rolleyes:

maybe you should think twice before making such rash decisions

current Diamond members should have been grandfathered in. Poor, poor, poor customer relations.

I totally agree. Guess we'll be sailing even more Celebrity cruises. RCL just levelled any advantage that they had over X in my books. We're trying Princess and Carnival this year, too. I detest this bait and switch.

Same here,just booked 12 night TA :(

I have just emailed letting them know how I feel about this :mad::mad::mad:

Me too. I'm sure we'll just get a form letter telling us how great a party with wine and champagne is. I prefer cocktails, thank you very much.

We had to know this was coming. It had gotten totally out of hand --especially when one could become diamond with 3 short cruises in a jr. suite mentalilty. We have seen 700-800+ D & D+ cruisers on recent cruises and it was necessary to use the large lounges. They could not continue on without changes.

you people that want to switch lines are not so bright, you're going to leave just because you cant have the lounge? you aren’t getting the lounge on any other line either and you're not going to have the other benefits... ever think about that? :rolleyes:

RCL is similar to many lines. Some of them have decent loyalty programs and some do not. RCL's loyalty benefits used to help distinguish it from other lines. This no longer seems the case. The point is that loyalty to RCL just got a spot harder to justify.

Well, Royal Caribbean, that's brilliant. Take away a major perk from Diamond members, and not replace it with anything at all.

In fairnes, they did replace it with that one party per cruise, but it sounds fairly lame.

Let's look at this from RCI's point of view, since many of you are saying that they are forgetting their "loyal" customers.

Sure, they are taking something away for now, but don't you think that they are trying to encourage you to sail with them more to get to the highest level within C&A and receive those additional benefits.

What a nonsense - sure if you reach D+ they could just move the goal posts again.

Just another kick in teeth for loyal members !!

jj......

Maybe you're the one who's not so bright! How can you justify making promises to your customers and then turn around and renege on those promises. :confused:

I find it insulting that they post this on the benefits pages:

Cruising with Royal Caribbean International is truly a rewarding experience, especially when you're a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. The more you treat yourself to our amazing cruises, the more we reward you with benefits and extras.

They should say the more loyal you are the more we'll take away from you, because we're so arrogant we think you'll just say okay, take it away and be good with it. Well I'm not!!!

RCL is similar to many lines. Some of them have decent loyalty programs and some do not. RCL's loyalty benefits used to help distinguish it from other lines. This no longer seems the case. The point is that loyalty to RCL just got a spot harder to justify.

Great Website!!!

This is GREAT news. I've been meaning to try Princess. Way to shoot yourselves in the foot RCI - I've cruised with RCCL 10 times, with absolute loyalty, and you just gave me reasons to go elsewhere.

According to NBC's The Office, is costs 10x as much to get a new customer as keep a current customer. RCI's prices are not staying competitive in this market, and now they are giving their best customers an excuse to try another line. I think I may just do that.

Maybe you're the one who's not so bright! How can you justify making promises to your customers and then turn around and renege on those promises. :confused:

I find it insulting that they post this on the benefits pages:

Cruising with Royal Caribbean International is truly a rewarding experience, especially when you're a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. The more you treat yourself to our amazing cruises, the more we reward you with benefits and extras.

They should say the more loyal you are the more we'll take away from you, because we're so arrogant we think you'll just say okay, take it away and be good with it. Well I'm not!!!

Heh. I was amused by that little tidbit as well. When I first started reading the message, I actually thought they were adding additional benefits. :rolleyes:

From what I am reading on here is that the captain's welcome party now will have drinks available for purchase instead of the free champagne? Also, the welcome back party for crown and anchor members will only be for Diamond and above? On our last 2 cruises, there was a welcome party for crown and anchor members with a few selected wines and drinks as well as an extra one for Diamond and above. It seems to me that they would want to reward those of us who have stayed loyal to RCCL with these parties and free drinks. The drinks were not of top quality, but at least I felt like we were being rewarded for crusing with RCCl again. May also have to rethink sailing with them again.

Great Website!!!

Thanks!

Time to right to agoldstein@rccl.com RCI haven't been doing themselves any favours !!

jj....

I'm sure you'll just get a form letter that's already been written (although I will be writing, too), telling us how great this will be for customer service and how we should go ahead and book a suite so we can reach D+ sooner. Anyone who thinks these folks actually read these things before they're passed along to the right department...

We became diamond on our last cruise with RCI. That was the incentive to book more cruises with them even though the cuts in food quality really make it difficult to justify cruising with them over other lines. Dh was so looking forward to the expresso and the cocktails. At least we will be able to enjoy it on our transatlantic next month but not the one in November. We would change that one except we have already bought air and paid for hotels. It's very disappointing. You would think in these difficult financial times that RCI would want to retain the customer base it has rather than losing it because of this. Travel is supposed to be down 25% this year over last but apparently RCI doesn't seem interested in retaining its loyal customers. Very disappointing news.:( Also, RCI has been dropping ports on some of their longer cruises in order to save money. This has been going on for a while now and the one we were on last year was done after final payment. The one next month dropped two ports. I just think the decision makers are not making the right decisions for customer loyalty.

Let's look at this from RCI's point of view, since many of you are saying that they are forgetting their "loyal" customers.

Sure, they are taking something away for now, but don't you think that they are trying to encourage you to sail with them more to get to the highest level within C&A and receive those additional benefits.

Nice try Patti :D

Well if you don't email he'll not know the strength of feeling over this !!

Anytime i've emailed they've taken the time to reply and to be fair i've gotten postive replies.

Its as simple as this if its not changed thats us finished - i'll be looking at another cruise line and they've lost our £5/10,000 per year.

jj......

I'm going to think positive - I'll no longer be the slave of trying to earn those points, since how do I know after this that they just won't raise the points for D+??!!

We loved Princess on our one try, and I see no reason now for loyality. I have a busy week coming up, as I reevaluate and probably rebook the 4 RC cruises I already had booked for after July 1st.

Hope this works out for you RC, as times are tough already. Maybe you can attract a lot of newbies, as you sure aren't helping retention of your loyals!!!

I can understand wanting to curb costs and figured this might happen. I think our major disappointment will be that we have used the Concierge Lounge on many occassions and found it to be a fantastic place to meet and make new friends. Not only would we meet up in the evening we also met in the morning or during the day for a relaxing cup of coffee. Not only is RCI taking away the "free stuff" they are doing a great disservice to the social network that is developed in the lounge. Think about it, how many of you have booked an additional cruise based on a friendship that was fostered in the lounge? I know we have!

I would also hope that RCI finds a way to "grandfather" those who have had the priviledge and have now lost it.

Of course my first cruise as a platinum member is July 9 when the new rules kick in!!!!! The funny thing is, my DD, who's been on 3 cruises, got bumped up to platinum because she was living in my house when "I" became platinum (she has since married). Well, she is cruising on the Liberty tomorrow...and is using the platinum bennies before me, and I guess they are still following the old rules!:eek:

OK. So there are those of you who cruise with RCCL for the benefits. I think the result of what C&A have done is to force us to consider why we cruise, and then why we cruise with a particular company.

Lots of emails flying back and forth. I'd be happy to organise a mass petition if you want. If you want to email me candapetition at gmail dot com and I'd be happy to set up a group email and we can agree a way forward. Maybe a combined effort may have a positive outcome.

Archived