Ryndham S vs. A (cost difference)

Island Tripper

We think so, but we have been in both an A, and a suite and both are just fine. Lots more room in the suite, and the free laundry and dry cleaning is a nice feature. Lots of other perks, but the laundry is my favourite!

It depends on the price differential. Both are very nice cabins with plenty of room but bigger is always better when it comes to cabins. We have seen some great deals on S suites after final payments were due and then seen virtually no reduction in prices in other cases. Driven by the mysterious HAL demand curve algorithm I suppose.

Gary

We think so too. But, we cruise with our 2 sons so space is our top priority. We love the Neptune Lounge and with the free laundry, we can really cut down on what we pack. Our vacations are where we spend our money (pretty frugal otherwise) so DH feels like the extra space is sooo worth it. Of course, now we are spoiled and it would be hard to downgrade so it's kinda like golden handcuffs!

Looking (and sailing on) Rydam in both A and S, I am certain that the S is almost exactly twice as large overall as the A cabins.

Also, the Neptune Lounge is a real plus for us and HAL knows how to spoil its suite passengers with all the small perks and benefits.

If you can afford it - do it!

According to Hal's website, Ryndam's S suites are 556 with verandah while A's are 292 with verandah. If you look at the deck plans and the exterior pictures of the ship, you can clearly see that the S suites are set up to be twice the size of the min-suites (look at the support beams). The slight difference in the size mentioned above may be due to bathroom being much larger and Hal not counting the plumbling area.

Other than size, are the amenities worth the cost to upgrade to an S suite? My husband does love his space!:D

For us yes, but it's a decision that each person must make based on their own criteria. If indeed the price of an S cabin is about twice that of a verandah one, you could cruise roughly twice in a Verandah one to once in an S. Your choice.

Archived