Hotel in Anchorage for one night

Gaprofitt

Hi All,

Can someone help me find a decent low cost place to stay in anchorage, no luck with hotwire or priceline for less than $100 a night.

Thanks,

You're not going to find a hotel that you would necessarily want to stay in for less than a $100 a night. Once mid May hits the majority of the establishments go to their summer prices. I don't know how much B&Bs run, but I do know others here on the Boards stay at B&Bs, so maybe someone will chime in with those rates.

Susan in Anchorage :)

I'm sure the dates of your stay will play a major role in determining your cost. There are a number of excellent hotel chains represented in Anchorage. Check their websites for any special deals that they may be offering and also to get some sense of the prices that will be in place at the time of your visit. You might then be able to get a sense of what you will need to bid to get an acceptable hotel on Priceline. Before bidding you might want to check to see what others are getting when they bid for Anchorage hotels and what it takes to make a successful bid. $100 a night might not be a realistic price if you will be there at the height of the season but a review of the sites should give you a good idea of the going rates. Good Luck. We have only used Priceline in Florida and have been extremely pleased with the results.:)

We were happy with the Embassy Suites. We got a good deal and it was nice to have a suite - the kids had their own room and own bath. They have the free breakfast and a business center with free internet access.

We are going to be in Anchorage for only one night at the beginning of July. I bid on Priceline. The lowest bid I was able to get was $120, which was $50 cheaper than I could find any other way at this time. We got the Microtel in downtown Anchorage. I'm not sure how great the place is, but it does offer free shuttle from the airport and to the train station in the morning.

We are going to be in Anchorage for only one night at the beginning of July. I bid on Priceline. The lowest bid I was able to get was $120, which was $50 cheaper than I could find any other way at this time. We got the Microtel in downtown Anchorage. I'm not sure how great the place is, but it does offer free shuttle from the airport and to the train station in the morning.

I'm a little confused. There is no Microtel in downtown Anchorage. There is one out by the airport and the other one is out in Eagle River.

We are staying at Quality Inn & Suites Airport on May 22. Our rate for a room with 2 queen beds is 99.79 , which includes taxes. I think (hope) that shuttle and breakfast is complementary. Reviews have not been great, but we are arriving late in the evening and are leaving quite early the following morning, so we just want a comfortable place to rest for a while.

I'm a little confused. There is no Microtel in downtown Anchorage. There is one out by the airport and the other one is out in Eagle River.

You are correct, it is the airport location. It is 5 miles from downtown. I have never been to Anchorage and thought that the airport/downtown was in the same vacinity.

Is the train station close to the airport

You are correct, it is the airport location. It is 5 miles from downtown. I have never been to Anchorage and thought that the airport/downtown was in the same vacinity.

No this is no where near the train station. Verify that they DO shuttle, and allow at least 30 minutes to get there. Nothing much in the area, and on a busy commercial lodging street.

As BQ said you're out in a commercial area. It's right off International Airport Road, which as it name implies is the road leading into the airport. Sorry to say no restaurants or anything in the near vicinity.

Hi All,

Can someone help me find a decent low cost place to stay in anchorage, no luck with hotwire or priceline for less than $100 a night.

Thanks,

The University of Alaska has housing available during the summer.

Single Suite- $50/night*

Double Suite- $80/night*

Accommodations include Single suite, Double suite, or Quad suite occupancy

rooms with in-suite bathrooms and the following amenities:

Bed linens

Towels

Phones

Coffee maker

Alarm clock

Coffee, creamer & sugar

Basic toiletries

Internet capability

All rooms and buildings are secured with key-card entry.

We're staying at the Comfort Inn for one night right next to the downtown train station in early June for $180/night-probably the best bet for near the station - I doubt they discount down to <$100 in summer months though - this was a AAA rate which was already discounted (but seems high in comparison to what we pay at Comfort Inn's in the lower 48- I guess that's Alaska for you). We will be arriving on an evening train from Denali and then have a 6:45 AM train to Seward in the morning and didn't want to depend on a hotel shuttle or taxi at that early hour.

Well, really I am kind of stuck with the Microtel since I pre-paid on priceline. I called and verified the shuttle information. They do offer shuttle service from the airport, but not to the train station. We will be doing a full day of traveling all the way from South Louisiana and getting there in the evening, so we don't really need to be around many things. We will be just looking for a night's sleep.

The hotel claims that it is 5 miles from the train station, but about a 15 minute drive. Probably a little further than the 5 miles. Like you'll said, we will give 30 minutes time to get there. According to the lady at the hotel, it will be around $15 for a taxi to get to the train station. We will be leaving early for the train to Whittier and doing the PWS tour before getting on the cruise.

Will I regret this decision to book this hotel? Do you think it will serve the purpose of a comfortable night sleep? I don't really have high expectations, except for a clean and safe place.

We were happy with the Embassy Suites. We got a good deal and it was nice to have a suite - the kids had their own room and own bath. They have the free breakfast and a business center with free internet access.

Did you find it easy to get into the downtown area? Did you have to go everywhere by taxi? We are booked there for two nights in June, but I am reconsidering moving closer to the area by the train station. It seems like there is more to do within walking distance.

We're staying at the Comfort Inn for one night right next to the downtown train station in early June for $180/night-probably the best bet for near the station - I doubt they discount down to <$100 in summer months though - this was a AAA rate which was already discounted (but seems high in comparison to what we pay at Comfort Inn's in the lower 48- I guess that's Alaska for you).

We got a king, non-smoking room at the Comfort Inn for $100.79, including tax, for mid-June (AAA rate).

Well, really I am kind of stuck with the Microtel since I pre-paid on priceline. I called and verified the shuttle information. They do offer shuttle service from the airport, but not to the train station. We will be doing a full day of traveling all the way from South Louisiana and getting there in the evening, so we don't really need to be around many things. We will be just looking for a night's sleep.

The hotel claims that it is 5 miles from the train station, but about a 15 minute drive. Probably a little further than the 5 miles. Like you'll said, we will give 30 minutes time to get there. According to the lady at the hotel, it will be around $15 for a taxi to get to the train station. We will be leaving early for the train to Whittier and doing the PWS tour before getting on the cruise.

Will I regret this decision to book this hotel? Do you think it will serve the purpose of a comfortable night sleep? I don't really have high expectations, except for a clean and safe place.

Expect $25++ for a cab to the railroad. There is nothing you can do about this poor location now, unless you wish to just cancel. You jumped on booking without fully doing your homework, you're not the first, nor last (look at all the cruisetour problems). Won't be a significant problem only being one night, and no other priorities.

Have a great trip. :)

Well, really I am kind of stuck with the Microtel since I pre-paid on priceline. I called and verified the shuttle information. They do offer shuttle service from the airport, but not to the train station.

It might be too late for you since you've prepaid for the Microtel, but if you want to change hotels, we were looking at the Ramada (alaskaramada.com). They have free shuttle from the airport and to the train station. It doesn't have the best reviews, but we're like you and we're not going to be there long.

It might be too late for you since you've prepaid for the Microtel, but if you want to change hotels, we were looking at the Ramada (alaskaramada.com). They have free shuttle from the airport and to the train station. It doesn't have the best reviews, but we're like you and we're not going to be there long.

Since we have two rooms already paid, we will just take a taxi to the train station in the morning for the $25 bucks or so. I see others found better deals at better location, but I think July is premium days for Anchorage hotels. Oh well, it everything worked out perfect in the planning stage I would have to worry. Thanks to the posters, I know the deal before getting there and will just add a taxi in the plans. Guess more homework up front could have helped, but it all good...

I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TRIP! Ever since High School,(over 20 years ago) I have dreamed of seeing Alaska. I finally did it last year and I am luck enough to be able to repeat this year. God is Good! Life Is Good! Alaska is Amazing!

Archived