Awesome Chilean Fjords Video - Radiance of the Seas

You've gotta check out this timelapse video of the Radiance of the Seas sailing through the beautiful Chilean fjords. Looks just like Alaska!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb_K9TgcKnE

Make sure you click on the "HQ" button to see it in high-resolution.

You can open it fullscreen and it still looks amazing!

Thanks for the memories. We did this on the Splelndor last year and the scenery was spectacular.

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

We were on this sailing of the Radiance and it was truly amazing. It was raining and cloudy all day, but when we got to Skua Glacier, the sun came out. Captain Trym Selvag turned the ship so that everyone who had a balcony could get great photos. It was one of the major highlights of the cruise! Thanks for posting this!

We also were on this cruise. It was wonderful and now I have a video I can watch! Thanks miraflores for posting it.

For those of you that are thinking about making this cruise all I can say is DO IT!!! Cruising around the Horn in South America is awesome!!!

Garry

• 2 weeks later...
We were on this sailing of the Radiance and it was truly amazing. It was raining and cloudy all day, but when we got to Skua Glacier, the sun came out. Captain Trym Selvag turned the ship so that everyone who had a balcony could get great photos. It was one of the major highlights of the cruise! Thanks for posting this!

graciepuppy, I noticed the video was dated March. We did out trip in January/February and had wonderful weather. What was the weather like when you were there. I never saw in ice floating in the water on our trip.

graciepuppy, I noticed the video was dated March. We did out trip in January/February and had wonderful weather. What was the weather like when you were there. I never saw in ice floating in the water on our trip.

I was on the cruise with Barb and can answer that question. For our trip around the Horn, we had 40 ft. seas and 80 mph winds. It was awesome! Even Captain Trym came on the intercom and exclaimed "Whoopie, that was more fun than a roller coaster at Disney World!"

We had beautiful weather (warm, not hot) for most of our 16 day cruise. I want to do it again!!!:D

Garry

We were on this cruise also. It is definately the most exciting cruise or trip we have ever taken. I thought it would be just like Alaska, but it is not. It was so exciting going around the Cape and through the Fjords with the wind blowing and the ship rocking and rolling.

It just made the trip of a lifetime that much more exceptional.

Thanks for sharing the video.

• 1 year later...
Ah, a little confusing there at first....as I am also Barb:rolleyes:

Our passage around the horn was smooth as silk. A lot of people were truly disappointed.

Haha...we went around the Horn a few times, and we had HUGE seas one week and were talking about it the next cruise, and when it was calm...people were disappointed...haha.

Archived