Fort Lauderdale Hotels Feb 6th 2010??

LUVROYAL415

We are planning a cruise for Feb 7th, 2010. I am having a hard time finding a hotel that I want that has availability for 2/6/2010. Does anyone know if there is something going on that weekend around the area? Embassy Suites, Yankee Clipper, and several others are showing no rooms available already for that date. Am I too early?

Anyone have any other suggestions? We are thinking of trying Bahia Mar Beach Resort. Is this near anything that we can walk to?

I would greatly appreciate anyone's advice.:)

Not too early to search as hotels open booking a year out. The problem is the Super Bowl is in Miami that weekend and hotels in the area will be packed. Most hotels will have minimum stay requirements and/or exorbitant fares. In 2007, many people resorted to going to Orlando or Tampa to find hotels although one person did find availability at a Days Inn - for $450 per night. Book something, anything, fully refundable now to make sure you have a hotel and then go searching for something else.

We are planning a cruise for Feb 7th, 2010. I am having a hard time finding a hotel that I want that has availability for 2/6/2010. Does anyone know if there is something going on that weekend around the area? Embassy Suites, Yankee Clipper, and several others are showing no rooms available already for that date. Am I too early?

Anyone have any other suggestions? We are thinking of trying Bahia Mar Beach Resort. Is this near anything that we can walk to?

2 words...SUPER BOWL:eek:...you need to book something

pronto because hotels/motels will book up solid from Miami all

the way up to Stuart which is north of West Palm and the prices

are going to be $$$$$$$$$$$.

The thread at the top of this forum that reads: Important South Florida Dates has this information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=840644

We ended up changing our cruise dates because of this problem... No available hotel rooms...Feb 5-6-7.

We will now be on the Equinox for the Super Bowl and we have booked great pre and post hotel rooms in Ft Lauderdale too.

Change your cruise date ... less hassle.

Pat :)

Archived