Crazy Question....Am i crazy or what?

GI_Joe

So - none of you naysayers have come up with scorpions, sun poisoning, killer whales, etc. etc. #&)#@!!

This is so wonderfully romantic, and I am so very jealous! Have a lovely time, I agree with letting the pilot arrange....and write when you are back and let us know if it lives up to our fantasies?

(I hope there is not a inhabited island within swimming distance! ha ha)

DH and I went to Aruba 8 yrs. ago. He saw an ad for skydiving. I said go for it and he did. 2 wks after returning home he had a major stroke leaving him w/numerous disabilities. he will never skydive again but he will always have that and many other great memories. Take it and run while you can. Have a greeeaatt time!

Thanks for all the +++ and ----- I talked to the pilot and we are good to go for the chow (Thats food)

And....hey....you only live once........So....I wioll post more when I return.

Thanks

GI JOE

While this sounds very romantic, it would terrify me to be alone for 5 hours. I would spend most of the time worrying about whether the plane would come back for me. The weather can turn AFTER you have been dropped off and the pilot cannot come back for you. What if one of you gets hurt, or the deserted island ends up less than desirable (There are swarms of insects, one of you cuts your foot on the rocks in the water, riptides, animal, you are bored after 2 hours? One of you gets sunburned or needs a bathroom.) I would prefer a deserted beach on the main island. At least I would feel I could walk to the road and hitchhike in an emergency.

I guess I've been reading these boards for too long to know the best layed plans often go astray... Even if the pilot does come back and noone is hurt, I've gone on enough cruises to know that the weather is often less than ideal and it rains on and off on these islands. I can't imagine shivering and waiting 4 hours for someone to come back for me.

Good luck. You sound like a great guy. Let us know how it goes.

Bathroom? Please tell me you are joking! We spent 2 nights and 3 days on a deserted island- had a brilliant time. With 3 young kids. Sure something might happen. But I walk across the street too and something might happen. Adventure. have you no sense of adventure? Or romance? So if you miss the ship- there are worse things that could happen in this world. Go for it and have a wonderful time! Rain? So what- it's warm. You might get wet.

In essense- if your wife leaves you would you take me please???

My DH would never do anything like this (doesn't have a romantic bone in his body!) so for the rest of us who are living this vicariously, PLEASE have a great time and follow up afterwards and let us know how it goes!

your hubby must be related to my DH :rolleyes:

I feel your pain, GF! :(

I think your idea sounds very romantic.

It's rained for a while during the two times we've been to Roatan. The first time we were swimming and wet anyway, so I just sat out in the rain until it ended while hubby grabbed something to eat while waiting for the rain to end. The second time it started raining not long after we arrived at the beach. It stopped raining by the time we got our things situated in a storage locker and a short wait.

My point is, if it rains it may not last very long. If you don't want to get wet, take a couple of rain ponchos or take a water proof bag to carry your beach towels so if you do get cold, you'll be able to dry off and cover up with them for warmth.

The couple doesn't need to worry about abandonment. People will know they've gone off on this plane and the company will have records of where they drop the couple off.

My biggest worry would be wondering if the island was truly deserted :p:o.

My thoughts exactly...this seems like the beginning of a horror movie to me...

While this sounds very romantic, it would terrify me to be alone for 5 hours. I would spend most of the time worrying about whether the plane would come back for me. The weather can turn AFTER you have been dropped off and the pilot cannot come back for you. What if one of you gets hurt, or the deserted island ends up less than desirable (There are swarms of insects, one of you cuts your foot on the rocks in the water, riptides, animal, you are bored after 2 hours? One of you gets sunburned or needs a bathroom.) I would prefer a deserted beach on the main island. At least I would feel I could walk to the road and hitchhike in an emergency.

I guess I've been reading these boards for too long to know the best layed plans often go astray... Even if the pilot does come back and noone is hurt, I've gone on enough cruises to know that the weather is often less than ideal and it rains on and off on these islands. I can't imagine shivering and waiting 4 hours for someone to come back for me.

Good luck. You sound like a great guy. Let us know how it goes.

And you could get hit by a beer truck while crossing the street! :eek:

Seriously...to the OP...sounds like fun, but I would perhaps cut it by an hour to give yourself some wiggle room getting back to the ship.

PLEASE report back after you execute your well thought out plan! :)

I like the idea. But I would do it closer to home. There are a few places close to most folks that can be isolated and romantic if we but the effort into planning like we do an very expensive vacation. The same can be said for the spa days on the ship; you can do a spa day locally and save bucks. So thanks for the idea, I think I will start planning an overnight somewhere within driving distance for a romantic getaway.

Have fun.

Archived