walk to queens staircase

nobbysails

I am guessing about 20 minutes? I did the whole several block walking tour outlined on the map from Festival Place to The Staircase and back in less than 1 and a half hours. The staircase is really neat, worth the walk! Kittykat

If you google walking tour in Nassau you will find that Frommers has an excellant one that actually will give you information of the 11 places along the way. We have done this at every port we go to to see if there is a walking tour and Frommers is exceellant with information. We will be arriving there on April 20th and trying this walking tour,,

There also is an arch that was dug by slaves as a pathway.

My mom and I are planning to do the walking tour (or at least some of it) when we're in Nassau next month. Does anyone know if there is a charge to go into Fort Fincastle?

All forts are technically free. There are guides that give you the impression that you must pay for a tour.. that's not the case.

If you do not want the literature and tour.. just tell them that you are not interested and you can walk around on your own.. if you want to join the tour.. I think it's $5pp.

If you google walking tour in Nassau you will find that Frommers has an excellant one that actually will give you information of the 11 places along the way. We have done this at every port we go to to see if there is a walking tour and Frommers is exceellant with information. We will be arriving there on April 20th and trying this walking tour,,

There also is an arch that was dug by slaves as a pathway.

I agree - Frommers.com has very helpful information. We printed out its map and information for a walking tour of Nassau, and found it easy to follow. It was a nice way to spend the better part of a morning - probably about an hour and a half, maybe a bit more by the time we took a few detours and ducked into a few shops.

The Famous Zydeco tour thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332656

The Frommers link

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/newprovidence/0251010008.html

A nice interactive map of Nassau

http://www.bahamasgp.com/islp-map-downtown-e.html

(19 is the Welcome Center and 35 is Fort Fincastle, 33 is the Hospital by the entrance to the gorge of the Queen's Staircase.)

Archived