Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Hello WC cruisers....looks like this thread is really off taking off!

Thought I would chime in and make it official of 100 posts! :)

Laura...remember last year when our AZ thread we had our contest for who would get the 5,000 post? :D

So just a bit more to go here to catch up!

Should get it later this spring or early summer. If we get on one hot topic it could be over in no time!

Linda come on the Mariner in 2011 with us.

I want an instant replay but no bad knee. Including Doubletree and Acapulco Restaurant.

Oh and don't forget Radiance Sept 30th.:D

Laura

Hello WC cruisers....looks like this thread is really off taking off!

Thought I would chime in and make it official of 100 posts! :)

Laura...remember last year when our AZ thread we had our contest for who would get the 5,000 post? :D

So just a bit more to go here to catch up!

My CA Thread gets a surprise for every 1000th post entry - been doing good so far - not very expensive give aways but just to recognize that special poster -- may do it on this thread too - for every 1000th entry, what would be a good surprise to give out? suggestions please - it's fun to do and believe me, I don't mind doing it...

and don't tell me a free cruise! heehee! C arol

Carol, all my gift bags were the same since I didn't have addresses and people were from all over the USA. I bought lovely Palm Springs Frig Magnets, PS Pens, PS Lanyards ( Red), little Pitate bags of candy. I had their names on therm recognizing each for their #1000 posts, 1,000-7,000. Of course I made up additional Pirate loot bags for all the Roll Call members.

Gay

Carol, all my gift bags were the same since I didn't have addresses and people were from all over the USA. I bought lovely Palm Springs Frig Magnets, PS Pens, PS Lanyards ( Red), little Pitate bags of candy. I had their names on therm recognizing each for their #1000 posts, 1,000-7,000. Of course I made up additional Pirate loot bags for all the Roll Call members.

Gay

I see what you did - wow!! lots of good loot! I hope our posters here don't expect all that stuff! heehee!

I have been giving out luggage tags that stand out - stickem postem's cuz we all could use them all over the house - I bring them on cruises/vacations cuz I really need them - I write a lot of notes to myself and to others... I have been giving out scrapbook embellishments and notepapers - keychains..

It really depends on the person who wins too -

Last Christmas I gave out a Christmas ornt too - and I guess it depends on if the moment hits a holiday - but like I said, they are just little things to commemorate a cute thing like a 1000th post.

carol

Frank I have never done a TA and aked my husband & he said he would love to do one. Since we are on the subject of Pictures, Frank would you like to see a photo I took during a Dolphin Tour with my Canon A520.

Carol I am by no means a pro when it comes to a camera, but that little Canon A520 I bought two yrs ago, has very little lag time between shots. I love it.

Gay

Sure would love to see that. A520 is a great camera!

I have been giving out luggage tags that stand out - stickem postem's cuz we all could use them all over the house - I bring them on cruises/vacations cuz I really need them - I write a lot of notes to myself and to others... I have been giving out scrapbook embellishments and notepapers - keychains..

I recently received my loot from Carol and BOOOOOOY was it exciting, thanks C! :D:D:D

Chris

our Hawaii Roll Call this Oct, after 17 months and by departure time, we reached a little over #7000.

That's great. On our role call for June, it's been really quiet. Direct questions about the cruise/excursions are usually answered. But really nothing beyond that. I guess it's just depends on the mix of folks that happen to be there.

Laura and Frank your welcome, & I agree it all depends on the people who will be going, & if they enjoy participating. many of those I still am in contact with off our Hawaii Cruise, are afraid, we will never find one to equal it. My husband & I can meet people readily, so look forward to the cruise and meeting whoever we meet.

Frank - you can be sure that the folks on THIS thread are friendly -

Chris - Gay - Laura - Linda (Diam.Cruisers AZ) -

Melody (where are you) -- all very nice, warm and most importantly, Love to Cruise and love to talk about cruising!

Carol

All of Gay's pics are usually nice -

and also this one is telling me - I need to be there!!

thanx for the visual Frank - carol

Work is not fun today. I need to be somewhere else....

190443470_JZtRq-S.jpg

Nice photo! I really need to go on RCCL someday. I assume it's a dining room; that big round area midship. Also, Princess does a good job of making a big ship feel small. I think RCCL makes a big ship look big inside. Would like to see that.

Carol - where are the glass elevators? - cool!

After we cruised French Polynesia, I wanted to go somewhere remote. For us, more real South Pacific. We went to an island called Maupiti for 4 nights. I couldn't find any reference to this island in the CC Tahiti section. It only gets plane flights 3 days a week. :D You have to stay at a bed and breakfast, because there are no restaurants and hotels. Our b and b was on a motu (reef forms into an island). It was quite an adventure! One day we saw 3 people while walking on the beach, and joked that the neighborhood was getting crowded.

Frank: You can go to the RCCL WEbsite and it has diagrams and pics of the ships - the highest deck is the Spa/Solarium - and the other end, the back of the ship, highest deck is the Viking Crown - the disco/bars/lounges... and below would be the Windjammer, which is the buffet.

I have never sailed on a new Princess ship - I've only been on one - the Fair Princess which was old - we did our 1995 Alaska cruise on her - she was a quaint ship - nice - small and cozy unlike the newer ships of today.

Sounds like your remote island is ideal - hubby loves remote places...

Carol

Archived