Any accessible shuttle service in Vancouver?

Arwenmark

I will need to get from the airport in Vancouver to the NCL cruise terminal and I wondered if anyone has used an accessible shuttle there and could put me in touch with someone.

The alternative of course is to buy the NCL transfers but they are more expensive. I will have my folding wheelchair AND my Electric scooter, and lots of luggage and a husband in tow. LOL

I will need to get from the airport in Vancouver to the NCL cruise terminal and I wondered if anyone has used an accessible shuttle there and could put me in touch with someone.

The alternative of course is to buy the NCL transfers but they are more expensive. I will have my folding wheelchair AND my Electric scooter, and lots of luggage and a husband in tow. LOL

I don't know of any shuttle service in Vancouver however, I know Vancouver has lots of handicapped accessible taxi's. They are wonderful.

I also took an electric scooter, a walker, 2 big suitcases and my mom. I didn't think the taxi would fit it all but we crammed it all in. :D

Did you try the YVR Airporter shuttle? I am curious what you found out.

http://www.yvrairporter.com/

I did try them and they said that they don't take reservations and they could not accomodate me on their regular shuttle but would have to call a van service but not until I was there at the airport, and that they drop you at a hotel across from the pier not at the pier itself, it is beginning to look like I will just do the transfers with NCL and be sure they know it is for accessible transport.

Before I booked my cruise on May 11th I checked the web and discovered Vancouver has many accessible taxis.

I called some of them and they said getting my electric chair in would be no problem as many of there taxis have ramps.

My experience in Los Angeles is that some taxis have manual ramps the drivers put in place on a minivan with a lower floor, or they have power ramps like my own van.

Either way you do not have to get out of your chair.

Rick

Hubby and I traveled to Vancouver last year for a cruise and we had absolutely no problem with the taxi's. It worried me also that I couldn't have something pre-arranged and would have to get to the airport before handling the transportation BUT my worry was in vain because as soon as you walk out of the airport their is a taxi stand where you tell them what you need and they get a wheelchair cab right on over. The city is full of wheelchair cabs. In fact Vancouver itself is an extremely accessible city.

Also, on the other side....when you get off the cruise there will be a taxi stand set up right outside of where you pick up the luggage. You just tell them you need a wheelchair accessible cab and they will set you up right away. No problems.

Have a great time and don't worry : )

Archived