What Would You Like to See Added Onboard?

jhannah

I think I saw these quiet toilets featured on that show about the new NCL ship a couple of weeks ago. Or else I dreamed the whole thing.

I have to agree that those unmistakeable "whooshes" are one of the audible signs that you are aboard a SHIP. But they are a bit startling, and can wake you from a sound slumber. If you're asleep in bed, that is. Can't speak for sleepwalkers.

Mrs Muir

Advance notice on the activities. Everything is subject to change, of course, but a generalized listing with descriptions of the onboard activities planned for our cruise that we can access on the HAL site a few weeks before our cruise date would be great for the anticipation value. And once the cruise begins, knowing what's going to happen onboard more than a day ahead would also be a plus, IMO.

That is a great idea. Also having the menus on the T.V. for what the dining rooms are serving that evening.

OK, here is my list.

1. My original reply on another thread about menu's on the TV

2. Extra hot kick butt salsa sauce at the Taco Bar.

3. List of scheduled evening guest entertainment for the entire cruise.For pre planning Pinnacle etc.

4. Hal web site listing scheduled guest entertainers as contracted one month prior to cruise. For pre cruise dreaming!

5. Posting of all available Hal shore excursions further in advance. One month to go for the MS Maasdam repositioning cruise and 3 ports still not posted.

6. Better guest entertainment. (may be coming)

7. Keep the new aft kiddo wading pools, adult only!

8.larger lobster tails on last formal night......and never again serve the lobster neuberg that was prepared on the MS Noordam last November!

9.a gift package that allows you to have breakfast in the Pinnacle if not in a suite.

10. drum roll............and number ten is get rid of all those damm trays in the Lido!!!!!!!!!!!

The coffee tables on the Noordam can be raised/lowered, too.

I'm feeling really dumb! I have sailed on the Noordam twice and did not notice. But then, the room service stewards did not adjust it for dinner for us, so I made the mistake of thinking it would not rise. I am going to look at my stateroom photos right now to see what I missed! Thanks for the info. When I am on Noordam in the fall, I will adjust that table! Many times!

I would love coffee making facility in all cabins. That is the one thing I miss when on HAL.

The other thing that would be nice is ice making machines (as you get in lots of hotels) so we can fill our ice buckets when we want to and not have to keep waiting for steward or room service.

Just to register a contrary view of the world.. I could care less if I even HAD a tv in the room, much less an interactive one. I throw my receipts each day in a drawer. If I really want to know where I'm at with my onboard account I can pull them out and add them up.. Or if I don't feel that ambitious, while I'm out and about during the day I can stop by the front desk and they will run me an up to date statement.

If there's anything earth shaking going on in the world it will likely be in my morning NY Times blurb that we get or I'll overhear someone on board somewhere talking about it. And regardless of what it is, I'm out in the middle of the ocean and not in a position to do anything about it anyway.

And what's the big deal about what's on the menu? Even the need to know 3 days ahead? I get that you might want to plan your visit to the Pinnacle around it.. but hey.. you know the lobster tail is going to be one of the formal nites so if it's important that you not miss it, don't schedule the Pinnacle those nites. Other than that, I've never had a nite where I show up in the dining room and can't find something on the menu I think I'll enjoy.

I ask that question not to be argumentative.. a number of people have said that they think menus online would be just great .. just curious as to why what's on the menu tonite is important.

Perhaps it's just a fundamental difference in the way each of us approach the cruise experience.. I'm just thrilled to be away from the everyday work world, schedules, voicemail. e-mails, etc.. I want to relax, enjoy and do things on the spur of the moment with no fallout or consequences.. short of the excursions we plan, I don't know or care what I'm going to be doing an hour beyond any given moment onboard, much less 3 days hence.. and as always.. your mileage may vary... enjoy!

Just to register a contrary view of the world.. I could care less if I even HAD a tv in the room, much less an interactive one. I throw my receipts each day in a drawer. If I really want to know where I'm at with my onboard account I can pull them out and add them up.. Or if I don't feel that ambitious, while I'm out and about during the day I can stop by the front desk and they will run me an up to date statement.

If there's anything earth shaking going on in the world it will likely be in my morning NY Times blurb that we get or I'll overhear someone on board somewhere talking about it. And regardless of what it is, I'm out in the middle of the ocean and not in a position to do anything about it anyway.

And what's the big deal about what's on the menu? Even the need to know 3 days ahead? I get that you might want to plan your visit to the Pinnacle around it.. but hey.. you know the lobster tail is going to be one of the formal nites so if it's important that you not miss it, don't schedule the Pinnacle those nites. Other than that, I've never had a nite where I show up in the dining room and can't find something on the menu I think I'll enjoy.

I ask that question not to be argumentative.. a number of people have said that they think menus online would be just great .. just curious as to why what's on the menu tonite is important.

Perhaps it's just a fundamental difference in the way each of us approach the cruise experience.. I'm just thrilled to be away from the everyday work world, schedules, voicemail. e-mails, etc.. I want to relax, enjoy and do things on the spur of the moment with no fallout or consequences.. short of the excursions we plan, I don't know or care what I'm going to be doing an hour beyond any given moment onboard, much less 3 days hence.. and as always.. your mileage may vary... enjoy!

How much sleep are you losing each night wondering who the "Beverage" Manager is on your cruise in 2014?;)

And what's the big deal about what's on the menu?

.. just curious as to why what's on the menu tonite is important.

I can only answer for myself, but I do have an answer that makes sense to me.

I like to plan my lunch with my dinner in mind. If I know there's something for dinner that maybe I shouldn't have, but can't resist, I'll go lighter on lunch. If I know I won't be overeating at dinner, I might indulge a bit at lunchtime.

1. Fox channel so I can see O'Reilly;)

2. Something besides or in place of the NY Times;)

3. No more Master Chef's Signature dinner please :eek:

4. A fully enforced dress code or none at all svp:cool:

5. Tamarind, if feasible, on the remaining 13 ships:)

6. The return of Dutch night in the dining room:)

7. A more meaningful Mariners program

That's all

Copper, as we have know to expect, has put more thought into his list than my Top Ten!

...yes do away with Master Chef night

...not only Dutch Night but start offering us more of what the crew is eating.

..a Chef's table in the crew's kitchen

Not to be a prude or start a smoking thread here....

A bar for smokers only where we could get peace and quiet from non smokers who do nothing but complain about us....

Ruth & Jim

Loved your list John

I would love coffee making facility in all cabins. That is the one thing I miss when on HAL.

The other thing that would be nice is ice making machines (as you get in lots of hotels) so we can fill our ice buckets when we want to and not have to keep waiting for steward or room service.

I've frequently seen the door to the service alley left open or ajar. It wouldn't be hard to slip in there and get your own ice if you didn't feel like bothering your steward or it was taking too long.

OT:

Fridayeyes, I just love your avatar! It reminds me of my big old whole-lotta-white kitty Casper who passed away a couple of years ago. I miss that guy so much! Every time I see your avatar, it's like a little bit of balm on my sore heart. Thanks! :o

OT:

Fridayeyes, I just love your avatar! It reminds me of my big old whole-lotta-white kitty Casper who passed away a couple of years ago. I miss that guy so much! Every time I see your avatar, it's like a little bit of balm on my sore heart. Thanks! :o

Threadjack alert!

That's my baby, Frankie. He's a flame point Siamese, so he's creamy white all over most of him, but his 'points' are orange. He's got gorgeous, Siamese blue eyes (hence the name), and a cream tabby brother named Dean.

He's "Franklin!" when he's bad, and he's "Alarm Clock Frankie" when he wakes me up *religiously* at 6 am to be fed. :) He's just a baby in that pic, but he's about 8 months old now. He was a rescue, as was Dean. They're my darlings.

I'm glad you're enjoying his pic. :)

Archived