Best Line for Honeymoon?

J2K66

We were just married in Jamaica on 3/11/2009, then had a reception back in the states on 4/4/2009. We hadn't really planned on taking a honeymoon for about a year, and just figured Jamaica would be both the wedding and the honeymoon, but now we're itching to get away again soon. So... that being said, which cruise lines would anyone suggest for the best honeymoon experience? We both cruised on RCCL (Adventure of the Seas) in 2007 and had a good time. I cruised on Carnival YEAARS ago and remember having a good time, but not sure how they are now.

We're planning to do something in the Caribbean either the last week of April or in early May, and hoping to get some good last minute deals too :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I am interested in the answer to this also. My daughter and future son in law (27 & 29) will be honeymooning in Jan 2010 and were thinking of going on a 10 day on the new Celebrity Equinox, but our travel agent is trying to talk them out of it. The travel agent says that the average age on a 10 day cruise would be a group that is much older than them and they would not have a good time. I've always made my own vacation and didn't rely on others on the ship. Usually the excursions and interests that attract us bring us to people around our own age group. They wanted a really nice cruise vacation and came to us for advice since we cruise often. However, now I'm not sure what to advise them to do. Any input would be appreciated.

My fiance and I are 29 and 28 respectively, and we've elected Celebrity in Alaska. This is due to the combination of a) great ports/iteniary b) Celebrity have a reputation for being about great service (and food, but we're less worried about that).

All in all, we're there to get married/honeymoon, not to meet a bunch of people our age and get trashed and party. We wanted a line with good service so we knew there would be the little extra touches to leave us feeling like we had a relaxing and, for lack of a better word, "classy" wedding/honeymoon experience. I don't mean that like "snobby", I just mean that we didn't want to worry about whether when we were exhausted the night of our wedding we would be woken up late that night by drunken 20 somethings coming down the hall.

Not that we aren't occasionally those people (if I'm being honest!), we just didn't want that for this particular occasion. So Celebrity was a great fit for us - only time will tell whether it was the right choice for us.

To cut my babbling short... I think your daughter and her FH might be well suited to decide what it is they want out of a cruise in term of "atmosphere" after they come back from port, and then can decide what is a good fit line-wise based on that, then the ship/iteniary from there...

Archived