Italy Car Service

Hi -

I am in the process of booking private drivers for Naples, Rome, and Livorno. Romeinlimo comes highly recommended on these boards but they are 100 to 150E more than many of their competitors. If I want to use them for all three ports it is a several hundred euro difference even with a discount. I think that is a big discrepancy given that we are basically paying for a driver and some basic commentary-no true guide service. Has anyone used Italy Car Service? Ihave seen one glowing review and one negative review....they have been in business for many years. Anyone?

Hi -

I am in the process of booking private drivers for Naples, Rome, and Livorno. Romeinlimo comes highly recommended on these boards but they are 100 to 150E more than many of their competitors. If I want to use them for all three ports it is a several hundred euro difference even with a discount. I think that is a big discrepancy given that we are basically paying for a driver and some basic commentary-no true guide service. Has anyone used Italy Car Service? Ihave seen one glowing review and one negative review....they have been in business for many years. Anyone?

I shared your confusion. I'm a total cheapskate and always looking for value, but more than willing to pay for incremental quality but never extra for nothing :D

Here is how I rationalized my decision: price delta / # of people become trivial $ per person. The mumber of postive recommendations of some vendors were overwhelming versus minimal for others. Some vendors either thru good marketing or real good service have built a following. But after looking at the pro's and cons of the above two elments I quickly came to the conclusion I was being Euro wise and / Experience foolish ? Finally decided I wasn't going to sweat what was amounting to 25 dollars or less/day after spending a thousand for the air fare and another thousand + / person for the cruise.

Good luck deciding as I know its difficult.

Here's another thing to consider. Your time in these cities is very limited...Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish.

We used romeinlimo for tours last May in Rome and in Naples and they were excellent. We saw more in one day than anyone else on the ship, I believe. While these tours are more than the ship's tours, they are worth every penny. Duman and his drivers at romeinlimo do this every day, and they are professional efficient, and friendly. Duman himself is a bit of a historian, and a great person to see Rome with.

So don't skimp- hire the best, it's not that much different on a per person basis and you'll be delighted with the service you receive. When we go back to Italy next year we'll be using romelimo again!

I cannot speak for Italy Car Service, because we haven't gone with them yet. When we decided to book them, I had the same problem as you with not finding much information. But I finally found a post mentioning that they are the same company as Italy Limousine. I checked into that and found that to be true, and once I started searching for reviews using "Italy Limousine", I found much more information. Lots of glowing reviews! I hope that will at least give you more information to make a decision.

• 1 month later...

Archived